You are going to love cooking frozen pizza in an air fryer. The pizza turns out perfectly with the best crispy crust and takes less than 10 minutes to cook. Making air fryer frozen pizza could not be easier and you can air fry any type of frozen pizza that you like. You’ll never need to order pizza again!
Why you will love this recipe:
- It’s so easy!
- It takes less than 10 minutes to cook frozen pizza in air fryer and most brands only take 6-8 minutes of cooking time.
- Air fried frozen pizza turns out perfectly.
- You get a perfect crispy crust that is never soggy or dry and you can add your own toppings to make your perfect personal pizza.
- The clean up is so simple when you make air fryer frozen pizza.
- You don’t need to heat up the whole house like when you cook pizza in the oven.
- You can cook any type of frozen pizza that you like including frozen mini pizzas, frozen Totinos pizza, frozen Ellio’s pizza, frozen French bread pizza, Red Baron’s pizza, Digiorno pizza, Stouffer’s pizza, Stouffer’s French bread pizza, thin crust pizza and frozen deep dish pizza.
- This cooking method works for all types of air fryers including Ninja Foodi, Ninja Air Fryer, Ninja Foodi Grill, Instant Vortex, Emeril Air Fryer, Cuisinart Air Fryer and Chefman Air Fryers.
- You could use this air fryer method to cook homemade frozen pizza too.
- A frozen pizza – you can use any type of frozen pizza that you like, just be sure you don’t buy one that’s too big to fit in your air fryer – 10 inches is the biggest that will fit in most models.
Taste and texture:
The pizza will have a perfectly cooked crust, and if you use a thin crust pizza it will be nice and crisp, whereas if you use a deep dish style pizza it will be softer.
The taste will vary depending on the flavour of pizza that you cook. My personal favourite flavour is Hawaiian!
How to cook:
First you will want to preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Next, place the frozen pizza in your air fryer, directly on the tray or in the basket, and cook it at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-10 minutes.
*The cooking times will depend on the type of pizza you have and how large it is as well as the type of air fryer that you have. I found that a 10 inch pizza usually takes 9 minutes to cook.
Please refer to the air fryer frozen pizza time chart below for a rough guide of the times you should use for different types of pizzas.
Air fryer frozen pizza cooking times guide:
- 8″ mini pizza: 6-8 mins at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 10″ pizza: 8-10 mins at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Deep dish personal pizza: 7-10 mins at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ellio’s pizza: 5 mins at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- French bread pizza: 5 mins at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thin crust personal pizza: 6-8 mins at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Every model of air fryer is different, so you may have to adjust the cooking time if you are using a different model than I do.
- Depending on the size and type of the frozen pizza that you have, you may have to adjust the cooking times.
- If the pizza that you buy comes with a parchment paper round, don’t use it when you cook the pizza in the air fryer as the crust won’t cook as well.
- If food tends to stick to your air fryer, give the tray or basket a spray with avocado oil (or another cooking oil) before cooking the frozen pizza on it.
- If you find the pizza toppings are burning when you air fry them, give the top of the frozen pizza a spray with avocado oil (or another cooking oil of choice) before cooking it in your air fryer.
- If you don’t pre-heat your air fryer you will need to add more cooking time.
Variations and add ins:
- Feel free to add other toppings to your pizza before air frying it. Some options include extra veggies like chopped bell peppers, fruit like pineapple, olives, anchovies, or meat.
- After cooking feel free to add extra toppings like chopped fresh tomato or your favourite seasonings.
How to store:
Store any leftover cooked pizza in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 3 days. You can reheat it using the instructions below.
How to reheat pizza in air fryer:
If you have leftover pizza, to reheat it, first preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then cook the pizza for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit to warm it.
Frequently asked questions:
Yes! Use the same cooking times that I shared in this post for vegetarian pizza.
If you preheat your air fryer, it will take 6-10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit to cook a frozen pizza in the air fryer. Cooking times will vary depending on the size and type of pizza you have and the model of air fryer you are using.
To cook a small frozen pizza in an air fryer, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and then cook the pizza for 6-8 minutes.
You can cook so many frozen foods in an air fryer. Everything from French fries, to steak, to onion rings to fish sticks and more. For all the foods you can cook in an air fryer refer to this post for the best frozen foods to cook in an air fryer.
Other air fryer recipes you will love:
- Air Fryer Frozen Steak
- Frozen Burrito in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- My Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Frozen Pizza in an Air Fryer
- 1 frozen pizza
- spray oil
- additional toppings of choice
- Preheat your air fryer to 400F.
- Place the frozen pizza in your air fryer (either on the tray or in the basket) and cook for 6-10 minutes at 400F.
- If food sticks to your air fryer, spray the tray or basket with oil before placing the pizza on it.
- If you find the toppings getting burnt, spray the top of the frozen pizza with oil before air frying it.
- If you want to add extra toppings, place them on top of the frozen pizza before cooking it.
- Nutritional values will vary depending on the brand of pizza you use. Be sure to check the box on the pizza you are using for accurate information.
- Cooking times will vary depending on the air fryer you have, and the pizza you are using. I recommend checking the pizza at 6 minutes and then adding time as needed.
- If you don’t preheat your air fryer you will need to add more cooking time.