This Fall Harvest Soup is about to become your new favourite comfort food. Made with carrots, turnips and apples and seasoned with cinnamon and ginger it has the most rich and creamy flavour. You’ll love how easy it is to make, how perfect it is to freeze and the fact that it’s dairy free, vegan, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
Fall Harvest Soup
Why you will love this Fall Harvest Soup:
- It has the most rich and creamy flavour. It’s made with both carrots and turnips and seasoned with cinnamon and spices making it the perfect comfort food.
- It’s really easy to make and freezes really well so it’s perfect for meal prep and plan-ahead meals.
- It’s a healthy soup option made with chicken stock or vegetable stock, full of vegetables and made extra creamy with the addition of coconut milk.
- It’s naturally dairy free, paleo, Whole30 compliant and can easily be made vegan too!
What you need to make this Fall Harvest Soup:
- A large soup pot – learn how to choose safe cookware here
- Veggies and fruit: turnips, carrots, onions and apple blend perfectly to give this soup the most incredible flavour
- Liquids: chicken stock or vegetable stock along with coconut milk make this soup so rich and creamy
- Spices: cinnamon, ginger, and sea salt are all you need to season this soup
Tips for making this carrot and turnip soup:
- To make this soup vegan use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock
- Instead of chicken stock you could use bone broth
- Feel free to add other spices such as more salt and pepper or garlic
- This is a very flexible soup. If you want to try different vegetables you could try using sweet potatoes intend of the turnip, butternut squash instead of carrots, or even add some diced tomatoes to give it a different flavour
- This soup freezes really well! I love using these Souper Cubes to freeze perfect sized portions that I can simply reheat anytime.
Frequently asked questions:
Can you make this soup in a slow cooker?
I have personally not tried it but I imagine it would work well. I suggest adding all the ingredients to the slow cooker and cooking it on low heat for 4 hours. If the vegetables are tender, use your immersion blender to blend it until smooth. If the vegetables are not tender after 4 hours, cook it for another 1-2 hours until they are.
Other soup recipes you will love:
- Creamy Zucchini Soup
- Dairy Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup
- Dairy Free Potato Soup
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Curry Butternut Squash Soup
- Simple Tomato Soup
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Fall Harvest Soup
This rich and creamy Fall Harvest Soup is full of vegetables and packed with flavour. It's so easy to make and is the perfect meal prep option.
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium sized turnip, peeled and diced
- 2 red apples, peeled and diced I love using Honey Crisp
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion or sub 1/2 large white onion
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock (use vegetable stock for vegan)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tbsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp sea salt
Place a large soup pot on the stove on medium high heat
Add all the ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil
Reduce heat and cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes (until the vegetables are tender)
Using your immersion blender, blend until the ingredients are smooth
Serve and enjoy!
- Store this soup in the fridge for up to one week
- This soup freezes really well
*** Pin This Recipe For Later ***