Chocolate covered pecans are such a fun, bite sized snack. Easy to make they are crunchy, a little salty and a little sweet. You only need 5 ingredients to make these pecans and they come together in just a few minutes.
Why you will love this recipe:
- These sweet pecans have such a delicious flavour! They're a little salty, a little sweet with just the right amount of crunch.
- They're easy to make and don't require any fancy, or hard to find ingredients.
- They store really well in the fridge and make the perfect snack or treat.
- They can easily be made vegan, dairy free and paleo.
- You can gift these healthy chocolate pecans.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Raw pecans - the star of this recipe! Pecans are a healthy nut full of crunch. You could substitute pecans for any other nut you choose.
- Coconut oil - this is added to the nuts to help the sugar coating stick to it. You could also use butter or ghee or a vegan butter.
- Brown sugar or coconut sugar - to coat the pecans and give them a deliciously sweet taste.
- Sea salt - just a little is all you need. Salt and chocolate compliment each other perfectly.
- Dark chocolate bars - you will melt these to coat the pecans. I love dark chocolate but you could swap this for milk chocolate if you prefer. And instead of chocolate bars you could chocolate chips.
How to make this recipe:
First, combine the nuts, oil, sugar and salt in a bowl.
Next, transfer the nuts to a pan lined with a silicone liner or parchment paper. Bake the nuts for 18-20 minutes at 300F.
Next, melt the chocolate in a microwave by heating it on high in 30 second intervals.
Last, coat the pecans in the melted chocolate and then place them back on the baking sheet. Place it in the freezer for 5 minutes, until the chocolate hardens. Then enjoy!
Tips and variations:
- If you want them to be saltier, sprinkle a little extra salt on the chocolate once you have coated the pecans.
- For a different flavour add a bit of ground cinnamon when you mix the nuts.
- If you prefer milk chocolate to dark chocolate use that instead.
- Feel free to double or tripe this recipe.
- Instead of melted chocolate bars you could use melted chocolate chips instead.
- To make these vegan: use coconut oil or vegan butter and dairy free chocolate.
- To make these paleo: use coconut sugar and dairy and soy free chocolate.
How to store:
Store these nuts in the fridge so the chocolate doesn't melt.
Frequently asked questions:
They can be! Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants and pecans are a great source of healthy fats, protein as well as different vitamins and minerals so these chocolate covered pecans can be a great addition to any healthy diet.
I recommend storing these chocolate covered nuts in the fridge. This will prevent the chocolate from melting.
Other recipes you will love:
- Roasted Honey Dijon Pecans
- Sweet curry cashews
- Walnut Dressing
- Chocolate Orange Fudge
- Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Chocolate Covered Pecans
- 3 cups raw pecans (300 grams)
- 3 tablespoon melted coconut oil or butter
- 3 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- pinch sea salt
- 6 oz dark chocolate (2 dark chocolate bars)
- Preheat your oven to 300F
- Add the pecans, melted coconut oil or butter, sugar and salt to a bowl and stir well until the pecanss are coated evenly
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and spread the pecans out evenly. Bake for 18-20 minutes until just toasted (you don't want them to taste burnt) and allow the pecans to cool while you melt the chocolate
- In a microwave safe dish, microwave the chocolate on high for 30 second intervals, until the chocolate is melted
- In batches, add the pecans to the melted chocolate, and coat the pecans evenly. Using a slotted spoon, place the pecans back on the baking sheet and place the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden. Then enjoy!
- Store these pecans in the fridge so the chocolate doesn't melt.
- If you are dairy free be sure to use dairy free chocolate.
- If you are vegan use vegan chocolate.