Chocolate covered pecans are such a fun, bite sized snack! Easy to make they are crunchy, a little salty and a little sweet. You only need 5 ingredients to make these pecans and they come together in just a few minutes.
Why these chocolate covered pecans are so good:
- They have such a delicious flavour! They’re a little salty, a little sweet with just the right amount of crunch
- They’re easy to make and don’t require any fancy, or hard to find ingredients
- They store really well in the fridge and make the perfect snack or treat
- They can easily be made vegan and paleo
Ingredients and equipment:
You only need a few things to make these pecans:
- A baking sheet – I love these non-toxic stainless steel ones
- Parchment paper – to line the baking sheet to prevent the pecans from sticking to it.
- Raw pecans – the star of this recipe! Pecans are a healthy nut full of crunch. You could substitute pecans for any other nut you choose.
- Coconut oil – this is added to the nuts to help the sugar coating stick to it. You could also use butter or ghee or a vegan butter.
- Brown sugar or coconut sugar – to coat the pecans and give them a deliciously sweet taste.
- Sea salt – just a little is all you need. Salt and chocolate compliment each other perfectly.
- Dark chocolate bars – you will melt these to coat the pecans. I love dark chocolate but you could swap this for milk chocolate if you prefer. And instead of chocolate bars you could chocolate chips.
How to make this recipe:
Step one: First, combine the nuts, oil, sugar and salt in a bowl.
Step two: Next, transfer the nuts to a pan lined with a silicone liner or parchment paper. Bake the nuts for 18-20 minutes at 300F.
Step three: Next, melt the chocolate in a microwave by heating it on high in 30 second intervals.
Step four: Last, coat the pecans in the melted chocolate and then place them back on the baking sheet. Place it in the freezer for 5 minutes, until the chocolate hardens. Then enjoy!
Tips and variations:
- Store these nuts in the fridge so the chocolate doesn’t melt.
- If you want them to be saltier, sprinkle a little extra salt on the chocolate once you have coated the pecans.
- For a different flavour add a bit of ground cinnamon when you mix the nuts.
- If you prefer milk chocolate to dark chocolate use that instead.
- Feel free to double or tripe this recipe.
- Instead of melted chocolate bars you could use melted chocolate chips instead.
- To make these vegan: use coconut oil or vegan butter and dairy free chocolate.
- To make these paleo: use coconut sugar and dairy and soy free chocolate.
Frequently asked questions:
They can be! Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants and pecans are a great source of healthy fats, protein as well as different vitamins and minerals so these chocolate covered pecans can be a great addition to any healthy diet.
I recommend storing these chocolate covered nuts in the fridge. This will prevent the chocolate from melting.
Other recipes you will love:
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Chocolate Covered Pecans
- 3 cups raw pecans (300 grams)
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil or butter
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- pinch sea salt
- 6 oz dark chocolate (2 dark chocolate bars)
- Preheat your oven to 300F
- Add the pecans, melted coconut oil or butter, sugar and salt to a bowl and stir well until the pecanss are coated evenly
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and spread the pecans out evenly. Bake for 18-20 minutes until just toasted (you don't want them to taste burnt) and allow the pecans to cool while you melt the chocolate
- In a microwave safe dish, microwave the chocolate on high for 30 second intervals, until the chocolate is melted
- In batches, add the pecans to the melted chocolate, and coat the pecans evenly. Using a slotted spoon, place the pecans back on the baking sheet and place the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden. Then enjoy!
- Store these in the fridge so the chocolate doesn’t melt
Pin this recipe for later: