Chocolate covered pecans are such a fun, bite sized snack! Easy to make they are crunchy, a little salty and a little sweet. You only need 5 ingredients to make these pecans and they come together in just a few minutes.
Chocolate Covered Pecans Recipe
Why these chocolate covered pecans are so good:
- They have such a delicious flavour! They’re a little salty, a little sweet with just the right amount of crunch
- They’re easy to make and don’t require any fancy, or hard to find ingredients
- They store really well in the fridge and make the perfect snack or treat
- They can easily be made vegan and paleo
What you need to make these chocolate covered pecans:
You only need a few things to make these pecans:
- A baking sheet – I love these non-toxic stainless steel ones
- A silicone liner or parchment paper – these are the liners I use and love
- Raw pecans
- Coconut oil or butter
- Brown sugar or coconut sugar
- Sea salt
- Dark chocolate bars
How to make these chocolate covered pecans:
You’ll love how easy these are to make!
First, combine the nuts, oil, sugar and salt in a bowl.
Next, transfer the nuts to a pan lined with a silicone liner or parchment paper. Bake the nuts for 18-20 minutes at 300F.
Next, melt the chocolate in a microwave by heating it on high in 30 second intervals.
Last, coat the pecans in the melted chocolate and then place them back on the baking sheet. Place it in the freezer for 5 minutes, until the chocolate hardens. Then enjoy!
Tips and variations for making these nuts:
- Store these nuts in the fridge so the chocolate doesn’t melt
- If you want them to be saltier, sprinkle a little extra salt on the chocolate once you have coated the pecans
- For a different flavour add a bit of ground cinnamon when you mix the nuts
- If you prefer milk chocolate to dark chocolate use that instead
- Feel free to double or tripe this recipe
- Instead of melted chocolate bars you could use melted chocolate chips instead
- To make these vegan: use coconut oil or vegan butter and dairy free chocolate
- To make these paleo: use coconut sugar and dairy and soy free chocolate
Frequently asked questions:
They can be! Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants and pecans are a great source of healthy fats, protein as well as different vitamins and minerals so these chocolate covered pecans can be a great addition to any healthy diet.
I recommend storing these chocolate covered nuts in the fridge. This will prevent the chocolate from melting.
Other recipes you will love:
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Chocolate Covered Pecans
Chocolate covered pecans are the best snack. A little sweet, a little salty, and perfectly crunchy! You'll love how easy they are to make with just 5 ingredients!
- 3 cups raw pecans (300 grams)
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil or butter
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- pinch sea salt
- 6 oz dark chocolate (2 dark chocolate bars)
Preheat your oven to 300F
Add the pecans, melted coconut oil or butter, sugar and salt to a bowl and stir well until the pecanss are coated evenly
Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and spread the pecans out evenly. Bake for 18-20 minutes until just toasted (you don't want them to taste burnt) and allow the pecans to cool while you melt the chocolate
In a microwave safe dish, microwave the chocolate on high for 30 second intervals, until the chocolate is melted
In batches, add the pecans to the melted chocolate, and coat the pecans evenly. Using a slotted spoon, place the pecans back on the baking sheet and place the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden. Then enjoy!
- Store these in the fridge so the chocolate doesn’t melt
Pin this recipe for later: