This chocolate avocado mousse is so creamy and rich! It’s also easy to make and uses only 5 ingredients. It’s naturally dairy free and vegan, paleo and GAPS safe. It’s made with avocados but you’d never be able to tell!
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Why this is the best chocolate avocado mousse recipe:
- It tastes incredible! So creamy and rich you would never guess it’s made with avocados.
- It’s super easy to make! With just 5 ingredients it comes together in just a few minutes.
- This chocolate mousse is vegan, refined sugar free, dairy free, paleo and GAPS safe. It’s the perfect healthy treat!
- This mousse can be eaten plain or used for icing on cakes or cupcakes.
The ingredients and equipment needed to make this avocado chocolate mousse recipe:
- A food processor or high speed blender – to perfectly blend the ingredients for this mousse. I use and love this food processor to make this recipe.
- Avocados – nutritional powerhouses avocados make the perfect creamy base for this mousse.
- Coconut milk – to help make this mousse so creamy and delicious. You could use cashew milk instead.
- Cocoa powder – to give this recipe the most rich chocolate flavour. You can use cacao powder instead.
- Maple syrup or honey – either of these natural sweeteners work to make this recipe.
- Vanilla extract – to enhance the chocolate flavour of this mousse.
How to make this recipe:
You are going to love how easy this mousse is to make!
Step one: first, add all the ingredients to your high speed blender or food processor and blend well until smooth. Then serve and enjoy!
Variations and add ins:
- Instead of coconut milk you could use cashew milk.
- You can use either cocoa powder or cacao powder to make this mousse.
- Feel free to add a little salt to the recipe to give it a different flavour.
- Feel free to top this mousse with chocolate chips to add even more chocolate taste.
- Feel free to double or triple this recipe if you are serving a crowd.
How to use this vegan chocolate mousse:
- You can eat it right off the spoon!
- Use it for dipping fruit.
- Use it as an icing to top cakes, cupcakes or pies.
How to store this recipe:
- Store this mousse in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Health benefits of avocados:
- They contain vitamins like vitamin C, K, E and B6.
- They contain minerals like potassium and magnesium.
- They also contain healthy monounsaturated fats, carotenoids, fibre and protein.
Frequently asked questions:
What can I make with avocados?
I have so many amazing recipes that use avocados including:
Are avocados sugar free?
Yes! Even though avocados are a type of fruit, unlike most fruit they don’t contain any sugar. They are full of healthy fats, vitamins and minerals.
Other dessert recipes you will love:
- Paleo Dark Chocolate Orange Fudge
- Paleo Double Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- Paleo Chocolate Ice Cream
- Paleo Nut Butter and Chocolate Crunch Bars
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
This chocolate avocado mousse is so rich and creamy! Made with only 5 ingredients you will love how easy it is to make.
Place all of the ingredients into your food processor or Vitamix.
Blend until smooth and then serve and enjoy!
- Optional topping ideas: cacao nibs, raw cashew pieces, coconut flakes.
- This mousse can be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Pin this recipe for later: