This is the best chocolate avocado mousse recipe. It's rich and creamy and is so easy to make. It's ready in less than five minutes and you only need five ingredients to make it. This no bake, raw, dessert is dairy free, vegan and refined sugar free, and don't worry, it doesn't taste like avocados!
Why you will love this recipe:
- It tastes incredible! So creamy and rich you would never guess it's made with avocados.
- It's so quick and easy to make! With just 5 ingredients it comes together in just a few minutes.
- This healthy chocolate mousse is vegan, refined sugar free, dairy free, gluten free, paleo and GAPS safe. It's the perfect healthy treat!
- It's made with simple ingredients like coconut milk, honey or maple syrup and cocoa powder.
- This mousse can be eaten plain or used as an icing on cakes or cupcakes.
- You can east this chocolate mousse like it's a pudding.
- This is a raw, no bake dessert recipe.
- Kids love it!
- It's healthy and packed with healthy fats from the avocados.
- It can be made with or without a blender.
- If you love chocolate avocado recipes you will also love chocolate avocado torte.
Taste and texture:
This chocolate mousse is rich, smooth, and creamy with the most decadent dark chocolate flavour. It doesn't taste at all like avocados. The consistency is similar to a chocolate pudding.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Avocados - nutritional powerhouses avocados make the perfect creamy base for this mousse. And don't worry, you can't taste them!
- Coconut milk - to help make this mousse so creamy and delicious. I recommend using full fat coconut milk. You could also use cashew milk instead.
- Cocoa powder - to give this recipe the most rich chocolate flavour. You can use cacao powder instead.
- Maple syrup or honey - either of these natural sweeteners work to make this recipe and it keep it refined sugar free. If you are vegan be sure to use maple syrup.
Health benefits of avocados:
Avocados are such a healthy fruit. They contain healthy monounsaturated fats, carotenoids, fiber and protein. They are also high in vitamins and minerals including vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, vitamin B6, potassium and magnesium.
How to make this recipe:
Now blend everything well until the ingredients are smooth. Then serve and enjoy!
Variations and add ins:
- Instead of coconut milk you could use cashew milk.
- You can use either cocoa powder or cacao powder to make this mousse.
- Feel free to add a little salt to the recipe to give it a different flavour.
- Feel free to top this mousse with chocolate chips or cacao nibs to add even more chocolate taste.
- Feel free to double or triple this recipe if you are serving a crowd or icing a cake.
How to use:
- You can eat it right off the spoon!
- Use it for dipping fresh or frozen fruit.
- Use it as an icing to top cakes, cupcakes, tortes, tarts or pies.
How to store:
Store this mousse in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Frequently asked questions:
Yes! Even though avocados are a type of fruit, unlike most fruit they don't contain any sugar. They are full of healthy fats, vitamins and minerals.
Yes! this chocolate mousse recipe is naturally dairy free, vegan and paleo too.
No it doesn't. It just tastes like rich and creamy chocolate.
No it is not. The Whole30 program doesn't allow desserts or treats of any kind.
Other recipes you will love:
- Dark Chocolate Orange Fudge
- Pumpkin mousse
- Chocolate chip marshmallow cookies
- Double Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- Paleo Nut Butter and Chocolate Crunch Bars
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Place all of the ingredients into your food processor or high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and then serve and enjoy!
- Optional topping ideas: cacao nibs, raw cashew pieces, coconut flakes.
- This mousse can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Either cocoa powder or cacao powder can be used for this recipe.
- You can use honey or maple syrup to sweeten this mousse.