This chocolate avocado mousse is so creamy and rich! It’s so easy to make in less than five minutes and uses only five ingredients. It’s naturally dairy free, vegan and paleo and even though it’s made with avocados you can’t taste them.
Why you will love this recipe:
- It tastes incredible! So creamy and rich you would never guess it’s made with avocados.
- It’s super easy to make! With just 5 ingredients it comes together in just a few minutes.
- This chocolate mousse is vegan, refined sugar free, dairy free, paleo and GAPS safe. It’s the perfect healthy treat!
- This mousse can be eaten plain or used for icing on cakes or cupcakes.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Avocados – nutritional powerhouses avocados make the perfect creamy base for this mousse.
- Coconut milk – to help make this mousse so creamy and delicious. I recommend using full fat coconut milk. You could also use cashew milk instead.
- Cocoa powder – to give this recipe the most rich chocolate flavour. You can use cacao powder instead.
- Maple syrup or honey – either of these natural sweeteners work to make this recipe.
- Vanilla extract – to enhance the chocolate flavour of this mousse.
Health benefits of avocados:
- They contain vitamins like vitamin C, K, E and B6.
- They contain minerals like potassium and magnesium.
- They also contain healthy monounsaturated fats, carotenoids, fibre and protein.
How to make this recipe:
First, add all the ingredients to your high speed blender or food processor.
Now blend everything well until the ingredients are smooth. Then serve and enjoy!
Variations and add ins:
- Instead of coconut milk you could use cashew milk.
- You can use either cocoa powder or cacao powder to make this mousse.
- Feel free to add a little salt to the recipe to give it a different flavour.
- Feel free to top this mousse with chocolate chips to add even more chocolate taste.
- Feel free to double or triple this recipe if you are serving a crowd.
How to use this chocolate mousse:
- You can eat it right off the spoon!
- Use it for dipping fruit.
- Use it as an icing to top cakes, cupcakes or pies.
How to store:
Store this mousse in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Frequently asked questions:
Yes! Even though avocados are a type of fruit, unlike most fruit they don’t contain any sugar. They are full of healthy fats, vitamins and minerals.
Yes! this chocolate mousse recipe is naturally dairy free, vegan and paleo too.
Other recipes you will love:
- Dark Chocolate Orange Fudge
- Chocolate chip marshmallow cookies
- Double Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- Paleo Nut Butter and Chocolate Crunch Bars
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 2 avocados (flesh) or 3 small ones
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all of the ingredients into your food processor or high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and then serve and enjoy!
- Optional topping ideas: cacao nibs, raw cashew pieces, coconut flakes.
- This mousse can be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Either cocoa powder or cacao powder can be used for this recipe.
- You can use honey or maple syrup to sweeten this mousse.