These sweet curry cashews and almonds are going to become your new favourite go to snack. They are so easy to make and are the perfect combination of sweet and savoury crunchy goodness. These roasted nuts also make a healthy appetizer to serve at parties and events.
Why you will love this recipe:
- These roasted curry cashews and almonds have the most amazing flavour! A little sweet and a little spiced the flavours blend perfectly.
- They are so quick and easy to make and only require a couple minutes of hands on time.
- These curried cashews store really well and make a great snack to take on the go.
- Curry roasted cashews make a fun appetizer or snack to serve to guests.
- These homemade roasted nuts taste way better than anything you can buy at the store!
- They are a healthy snack!
- This roasted cashew recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegan and paleo.
Taste and texture:
These glazed nuts are a little sweet, and a little savoury. The curry flavour is mild, not strong, and just gives these roasted nuts the most unique taste. They are nice and crunchy and so satisfying!
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Raw cashews and almonds - cashews and almonds are the star of this recipe. Use raw nuts and not roasted nuts for making this recipe. If you prefer to use only cashews or only almonds you can do that too.
- Curry powder - you can use any type of curry powder that you like to make these curried nuts.
- Honey or maple syrup - either of these natural sweeteners can be used to give these spiced nuts that perfect sweet flavour while keeping them refined sugar free.
How to make this recipe:
First, preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Next, Place the cashews and almonds in a large glass or ceramic bowl.
Then add the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the nuts and combine well with a spoon.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer the nuts to the baking sheet. Spread them out evenly.
Then place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until roasted. Let the nuts cool, then enjoy!
Tips and variations:
- If you are vegan use maple syrup instead of honey.
- You can use any type of curry powder that you like for making these nuts.
- Be sure to use raw nuts and not roasted nuts for this recipe.
How to serve:
These nuts are delicious served as they are as a quick snack that you can grab anytime. You can also use them to top salads or to serve as an appetizer or snack at parties.
How to store:
Store these nuts in an airtight container for up to 2 months. You can also freeze these nuts for up to 3 months.
Frequently asked questions:
Whether or not you need to soak cashews before cooking with them will depend on the recipe. In general, if you are making a sauce, dip, or dessert with cashews it is recommended that you soak them first to help soften them. If you are roasting them like in this recipe you usually don't need to.
Then simply replace the cashews with more almonds.
Then replace the almonds with extra cashews.
Yes! These curried cashews make a great gift because they keep well at room temperature for a long time.
No they don't. They have the perfect sweet yes spiced flavour and you really can't taste the curry spice.
Other recipes you will love:
- Roasted honey dijon pecans
- Chocolate covered pecans
- Healthy granola bars
- Pumpkin seed butter
- Walnut pesto
- Bacon jerky
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Sweet Curry Cashews and Almonds
- Preheat your oven to 325F.
- Place the cashews and almonds in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine well with a spoon.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the nuts evenly on the parchment paper
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until roasted.
- Remove from the oven and let the nuts cool. Then enjoy!
- If you are vegan use maple syrup, not honey.
- Store these nuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 months.
- Feel free to double or triple this recipe.