This sugar free cranberry sauce is a healthy cranberry sauce that uses orange juice and grated apple instead of sugar. With hints of cinnamon and vanilla it’s perfect for the holidays and is safe for those with diabetes and on a vegan, paleo or Whole30 diet.
Don’t you hate how most cranberry sauce recipes call for so much sugar? It’s no wonder I never liked cranberry sauce growing up. Most recipes barely even taste like cranberries. So I was determined to make a sugar free cranberry sauce that tasted great and wasn’t too tart.
This low sugar cranberry sauce has hints of sweetness from orange juice and shredded apple and the perfect amount of tartness from the cranberries. It’s perfect to serve with your next turkey dinner, at Christmas or Thanksgiving and also tastes great on chicken dishes.
Why this Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce Recipe is so good:
- It’s so easy to make and doesn’t require any sugar!
- It has the perfect amount of sweetness from the orange juice and shredded apple, combined with the tart cranberries
- It is a great diabetic cranberry sauce
- It is a healthy cranberry sauce that is safe for paleo, vegan, SCD, GAPS, and Whole30 diets
- It is the perfect addition to any turkey dinner, whether it be at Thanksgiving or Christmas!
If you are interested in exclusive recipes, deals and giveaways don’t forget to sign up for the Pure and Simple Nourishment newsletter by leaving your email below:
Pin this recipe for later:
Why this Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce is healthy:
- It has no sugar! It is sweetened with fresh orange juice and grated apple
- It’s a diabetic cranberry sauce
- Since it has no sugar, dairy, or gluten, it is paleo, vegan, Whole30, SCD and GAPS safe
How to make this sugar free cranberry sauce:
First you will need to grate your apple and measure it.
Then place all of the ingredients into a medium pot and place it on the stove. Turn it on to medium heat and bring it to a boil.
Turn down the heat and let the sauce simmer for 10-15 minutes, until it reaches the consistency you desire.
Now serve and enjoy!
Other recipes you will love:
- Christmas Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Maple Beef Roast
- Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Drizzle
- Dairy Free Brownies with Caramel
- Carrot Cake Donuts
Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
This sugar free cranberry sauce is so easy to make, with orange juice, grated apple, vanilla and cinnamon. It's perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas and is paleo and Whole30 compliant!
Add all the ingredients to a medium pot and place it on the stove
Turn on the heat to medium and bring the ingredients to a boil
Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the cranberries are the texture you desire
Remove from the heat and serve and enjoy!
- This cranberry sauce makes great leftovers and can be stored in the fridge for up to a week
- If you want to make it a little sweeter feel free to add a little honey or maple syrup