It is so easy to cook air fryer spaghetti squash! The squash turns out perfectly roasted and is so much faster than baking it in the oven. With only three ingredients you will love how simple it is to make. Perfect as a side dish or for pasta or noodle dishes!
Table of Contents
Why you will love this recipe:
- Cooking spaghetti squash in the air fryer is so much faster than cooking it in the oven.
- Spaghetti squash turns out perfectly tender and flavourful when cooked in an air fryer and you can dress it up with whatever spices and seasonings you like.
- It's so quick and easy to roast spaghetti squash in an air fryer compared to baking it in the oven.
- You can use this air fried spaghetti squash as a simple side dish or use it as a substitute for noodles in pasta dishes.
- Spaghetti squash is a healthy vegetable full of vitamins and minerals. It's the perfect compliment to any meal.
- This spaghetti squash recipe is naturally gluten free, dairy free, low FODMAP, low carb, low sugar, low fat, vegan, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
- This method for cooking spaghetti squash works for all types of air fryers including Cuisinart, Pampered Chef, Ninja Foodi, Vortex, Cosori, Chefman and more.
Taste and texture:
When you roast a spaghetti squash in an air fryer it turns out moist, soft and tender. The flesh is easy to remove from the skin, and makes the perfect squash noodles.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- A whole spaghetti squash - try to choose one that isn't too big - you want to make sure it is small enough to actually fit in your air fryer!
- Avocado oil - one of my favourite cooking oils. This helps make the squash even more moist and tender when it cooks. You could easily swap this for olive oil.
- Sea salt and ground black pepper - simple seasonings are all you need for this squash recipe, but you could easily change the flavour of this dish by adding other spices such as garlic powder, onion powder etc.
How to cook:
First cut the whole squash in half and remove the seeds.
Then drizzle each half of the spaghetti squash with the avocado oil and sprinkle the salt and pepper on the squash (on the flesh part, not the skin).
Put the squash in your air fryer, skin side down, and bake for 25-30 minutes at 370 degrees Fahrenheit (the cooking time will depend on the size of your squash).
Scoop out the flesh and serve and enjoy!
Tips and variations:
- When choosing a spaghetti squash make sure you don't choose one that is too big to fit in your air fryer.
- Depending on the size of your spaghetti squash you may need to alter the cooking time slightly.
- Depending on the model of air fryer you use you may need to adjust the cooking time.
- Store the cooked spaghetti squash in the fridge in an air tight container for up to a week.
Variations and add ins:
- Feel free to add other spices such as ground cinnamon, garlic powder, onion powder or turmeric for a slightly different taste.
- You can use olive oil instead of avocado oil for this recipe.
How to serve:
- Spaghetti squash makes a great substitute for noodles in pasta dishes if you are avoiding grains or looking to increase your vegetable intake.
- You can serve spaghetti squash plain, or add a bit more avocado oil, olive oil, butter, ghee, or spices when you serve it.
I also love topping cooked spaghetti squash with:
- My vegan Alfredo sauce
- My healthy Sloppy Joe Sauce
- My vegan sour cream
- My vegan cilantro lime dressing
How to store:
Store any leftover cooked squash in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
How to reheat:
To reheat spaghetti squash in an air fryer, line the tray or basket with tin foil and cook the spaghetti squash for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Frequently asked questions:
Absolutely! It tastes just as good as when you bake it in the oven, except it takes way less time to cook.
To easily cut spaghetti squash be sure the knife you are using is nice and sharp. Then you want to cut it in half length wise. Try to make the cut as straight as you can so the two halves are evenly sized. That way they will cook at the same rate.
You cook spaghetti squash at 370 degrees Fahrenheit in an air fryer.
For this recipe you do not need to preheat your air fryer, but if you do, decrease the cooking time by a few minutes.
Other air fryer recipes you will love:
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds with a spoon.
- Drizzle each half of the squash with the avocado oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper (to taste).
- Place each half of the spaghetti squash in your air fryer, skin side down, and cook at 370F for 25-30 minutes (this will depend on the size of your squash), until the squash is tender and easily removed with a fork.
- Scoop out the spaghetti squash with a fork or spoon and serve and enjoy!
- You may have to adjust the cooking time based on the size of your squash and the air fryer you have.
- Feel free to add other spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg or turmeric.