It is so easy to make air fryer spaghetti squash! It turns out perfectly and is so much faster than baking it in the oven. With only three ingredients you will love how simple it is to make. Perfect as a side dish or for pasta or noodle dishes!
Why you will love this recipe:
- Spaghetti squash in air fryer is so much faster than cooking it in the oven.
- It turns out perfectly tender and flavourful and you can dress it up with whatever spices and seasonings you like.
- You can use this air fried spaghetti squash as a simple side dish or use it as a substitute for noodles in pasta dishes.
- Spaghetti squash is a healthy vegetable full of vitamins and minerals. It’s the perfect compliment to any meal.
- It’s naturally gluten free, dairy free, vegan, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
Ingredients and substitutions:
- A spaghetti squash – try to choose one that isn’t too big – you want to make sure it actually fits in your air fryer!
- Avocado oil – one of my favourite cooking oils. You could easily swap this for olive oil.
- Sea salt and ground black pepper – simple seasonings are all you need but you could easily change the flavour of this dish by adding other spices such as garlic powder, onion powder etc.
How to make this recipe:
First cut the squash in half and remove the seeds.
Then drizzle each half with the avocado oil and sprinkle the salt and pepper on the squash.
Put the squash in your air fryer and bake for 25-30 minutes at 370 degrees Fahrenheit (the cooking time will depend on the size of your squash).
Scoop out the flesh and serve and enjoy!
- When choosing a spaghetti squash make sure you don’t choose one that is too big to fit in your air fryer.
- Spaghetti squash makes a great substitute for noodles in pasta dishes if you are avoiding grains or looking to increase your vegetable intake.
- You can serve spaghetti squash plain, or add a bit more avocado oil, olive oil, butter, ghee, or spices when you serve it.
- Depending on the size of your spaghetti squash you may need to alter the cooking time slightly.
- Depending on the model of air fryer you use you may need to adjust the cooking time.
- Store the cooked spaghetti squash in the fridge in an air tight container for up to a week.
Variations and add ins:
- Feel free to add other spices such as ground cinnamon or turmeric for a slightly different taste.
- You can use olive oil instead of avocado oil for this recipe.
Topping ideas for spaghetti squash:
- My vegan Alfredo sauce
- My Paleo Sloppy Joe Sauce
- My vegan sour cream
- My vegan cilantro lime dressing
Frequently asked questions:
Is squash good in the air fryer?
Absolutely! It tastes just as good as when you bake it in the oven, except it takes way less time to cook.
Is there a trick to cutting spaghetti squash?
To easily cut spaghetti squash be sure the knife you are using is nice and sharp. Then you want to cut it in half length wise. Try to make the cut as straight as you can so the two halves are evenly sized. That way they will cook at the same rate.
Is spaghetti squash healthy?
Yes! Spaghetti squash is full of fiber as well as many different vitamins and minerals. In particular, spaghetti squash is high in vitamin C, vitamin B6, and betacarotene.
What is the best temperature for air fryer spaghetti squash?
You cook spaghetti squash at 370 degrees Fahrenheit in an air fryer.
Other air fryer recipes you will love:
- Air Fryer Salmon Patties with Lemon Dill Aioli
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Pork Ribs
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds with a spoon.
- Drizzle each half with the avocado oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper (to taste).
- Place each half of the spaghetti squash in your air fryer, skin side down, and cook at 370F for 25-30 minutes (this will depend on the size of your squash), until the squash is tender and easily removed with a fork.
- Scoop out the spaghetti squash with a fork or spoon and serve and enjoy!
- You may have to adjust the cooking time based on the size of your squash and the air fryer you have.
- Feel free to add other spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg or turmeric.
Pin this recipe for later: