This paleo blueberry raspberry cobbler is the best summer dessert. Easy to make and full of flavour from both blueberries and raspberries the crust made with almond flour and coconut flour gives it the perfect crunchy topping. You will love that it’s also vegan and gluten free!
Why you will love this recipe:
- Is there anything better than a berry cobbler for dessert on a hot summer day? This paleo cobbler recipe combines my two favourite berries, blueberries and raspberries, to create the most amazing flavour.
- Besides being paleo this is also a vegan cobbler recipe.
- The crust has the perfect texture and just a little sweetness from the addition of coconut sugar.
- This easy cobbler recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free and vegan too since it is egg free.
- This treat is easy to make and the clean up is so simple.
- It’s even healthy enough to eat for breakfast.
- Of all the paleo fruit desserts I’ve made this is one of my favourites!
- This healthy cobbler is easy enough to serve anytime but delicious enough to serve to guests.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Fresh blueberries and raspberries – this combination of these fresh berries leads to the most delicious flavour!
- Coconut sugar – my favourite natural granulated sweetener!
- Tapioca flour – to help thicken the berry mixture.
- Fresh lemon juice – to add the perfect tartness to the berry mix.
- Almond flour – to make the perfect grain free crust. You could use cashew flour instead.
- Coconut flour – to give the crust the perfect crispness. Do not try swapping this for another flour.
- Vanilla extract – to help enhance the flavour of the dish.
- Coconut milk – to keep this dish dairy free and add moisture to the crust. You could use another dairy free milk such as cashew milk or almond milk instead.
How to make this recipe:
First, preheat your oven two 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Next, in an 8″x 8″ glass baking dish combine all the berry ingredients and mix well with a spoon.
Now, in a separate bowl, combine all the crust ingredients and blend well with a spoon or pastry blender.
Then, use your fingers and form the dough into 5-6 flat pieces. Then lay them on top of the berries (see the photos).
Lastly, bake the cobbler for 35-40 minutes, until the berries are bubbling and the crust is golden brown. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- If you don’t tolerate almonds, I would suggest using cashew flour instead of almond flour.
- DO NOT try substituting the almond flour or coconut flour for other flours, it will not turn out.
Variations and add ins:
- If you are not on the paleo diet and tolerate grains, you can substitute corn starch for the tapioca flour.
- Instead of coconut milk you can use a nut milk such as almond milk or cashew milk.
- If you don’t have raspberries feel free to use extra blueberries instead or other fruit such as cherries or blackberries to make a paleo blackberry cobbler.
- For a different appearance, roll out the crust and use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes such as stars or hearts.
- If you want to covert cobbler completely in crust, roll out the dough and lay it on top. Just be sure to poke a couple holes in the dough to allow the berries to seep through.
- My Coconut Whipped Cream is perfect on this dessert.
- Dairy free vanilla ice cream is another great option.
How to store:
Store this cobbler in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 7 days.
Frequently asked questions:
Is this cobbler vegan?
Yes! This cobbler recipe is dairy free and egg free making it safe for vegans to eat.
What is the difference between a berry crisp and cobbler?
While both crisps and cobblers are fruit based desserts they are slightly different – cobblers have a denser topping that is more like a biscuit dough, while crisps use oats and a streusel type topping, making them lighter in texture. Both are delicious and easy to make.
Other recipes you will love:
- The best paleo blueberry pancakes
- Paleo Blueberry Muffins
- Paleo Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Raspberry Blueberry Sauce
- Blueberry Mint Lemonade
- Paleo Peach Cobbler
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Paleo Blueberry Raspberry Cobbler
This paleo blueberry raspberry cobbler is the perfect summer dessert. Bursting with flavour from the berries it has the best grain free crust. It's also vegan and gluten free!
Preheat your oven to 375F.
In an 8" x 8" glass baking dish combine all the berry ingredients and mix well with a spoon.
In a separate bowl combine all the crust ingredients and blend well with a spoon.
Using your fingers, form the dough into 5-6 flat pieces and lay them on top of the berries (see photos).
Place the pan in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the berries are bubbling and the crust is golden brown.
Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- This cobbler stores well in the fridge and makes great leftovers.
- Optional topping ideas: coconut whipped cream or dairy free vanilla ice cream.
Pin this recipe for later: