This paleo blueberry raspberry cobbler is the best summer dessert. Easy to make and full of flavour from both blueberries and raspberries the crust made with almond flour and coconut flour gives it the perfect crunchy topping. You will love that it’s also vegan and gluten free!
Is there anything better than a berry cobbler for dessert on a hot summer day? This paleo blueberry raspberry cobbler combines my two favourite berries, blueberries and raspberries, to create the most amazing flavour. The crust has the perfect texture and just a little sweetness from the addition of coconut sugar. You will love that this recipe is gluten free, grain free and dairy free and is safe for those who are paleo and vegan. This treat is also easy to make and the clean up is so simple!
What you need to make this berry cobbler:
- Fresh blueberries and raspberries – this combination leads to the most delicious flavour!
- Coconut sugar – my favourite granulated sweetener!
- Tapioca flour – to help thicken the berry mixture
- Fresh lemon juice
- Almond flour – to make the perfect grain free crust
- Coconut flour – to give the crust the perfect crispness.
- Baking soda – to help give the crust the perfect texture
- Sea salt
- Vanilla extract – to help enhance the flavour of the dish
- Coconut milk – to keep this dish dairy free
- An 8″ x 8″ glass baking dish – glass bakeware is the safest type of bakeware
Tips for this blueberry raspberry cobbler:
- If you don’t tolerate almonds, I would suggest using cashew flour instead of almond flour
- DO NOT try substituting the almond flour or coconut flour for other flours, it will not turn out
Variations on this paleo cobbler:
- If you are not on the paleo diet and tolerate grains, you can substitute corn starch for the tapioca flour
- Instead of coconut milk you can use a nut milk such as almond milk or cashew milk
- If you don’t have raspberries feel free to use extra blueberries instead or other fruit such as cherries
- For a different appearance, roll out the crust and use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes such as starts
- If you want to covert cobbler completely in crust, roll out the dough and lay it on top. Just be sure to poke a couple holes in the dough to allow the berries to seep through
Topping ideas for this paleo blueberry raspberry cobbler:
- My Coconut Whipped Cream is perfect on this dessert!
- Dairy free vanilla ice cream is another great option
Other berry recipes you will love:
- The best paleo blueberry pancakes
- Paleo Blueberry Muffins
- Paleo Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Raspberry Blueberry Sauce
- Blueberry Mint Lemonade
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Paleo Blueberry Raspberry Cobbler (Vegan, Gluten Free)
This paleo blueberry raspberry cobbler is the perfect summer dessert. Bursting with flavour from the berries it has the best grain free crust. It's also vegan and gluten free!
Preheat your oven to 375F
In an 8"x8" glass baking combine all the berry ingredients and mix well with a spoon
In a separate bowl combine all the crust ingredients and blend well with a spoon
Using your fingers, form the dough into 5-6 flat pieces and lay them on top of the berries (see photos)
Place the pan in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the berries are bubbling and the crust is golden brown
Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving
- This cobbler stores well in the fridge and makes great leftovers
- Optional topping ideas: coconut whipped cream or dairy free vanilla ice cream
Pin this recipe for later: