Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake is a rich and creamy healthy treat with no dairy and tons of flavour! This decadent no bake dessert is made with cashews, coconut milk and maple syrup and is packed with fresh blueberries and topped with a sweet blueberry sauce for even more fruit. It’s also paleo and gluten free!
VEGAN BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE RECIPE
WHY THIS IS THE BEST VEGAN CHEESECAKE:
- I love a no-bake cheesecake! It’s so rich and creamy, but no oven needed here.
- If you’re looking for a great vegan dessert for your next cookout or dinner party, this is it! Your guests won’t believe it’s dairy-free, I swear.
- It’s so easy to make with all natural ingredients like cashews, dates, pecans, almonds, and of course fresh blueberries. It’s also great if you are on a raw foods diet since there is no cooking involved.
- Keep it in the freezer for a cheesecake you can snack on for weeks — if leftovers last that long!
- Besides being dairy free this cheesecake is also paleo and gluten free and a healthy alternative to most traditional cheesecake recipes.
KEY INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE:
- Nuts — I use almonds and pecans in the crust for a super flavourful base! It will hold together just like a crumbled cookie crust.
- Dates — The sweetness and stickiness of dates is perfect for this vegan cheesecake crust!
- Cashews — I make the base of the cheesecake with soaked cashews. It makes for a super creamy cheesecake filling.
- Canned coconut milk — I use full fat canned coconut milk for the creamiest cheesecake.
- Maple syrup — This adds the perfect amount of sweetness with an added rich maple flavour.
- Vanilla extract — Even though this is a no-bake cheesecake, you can’t have a cake without vanilla extract!
- Blueberries — I add blueberries in the cheesecake and on top, too. The homemade blueberry compote on top is totally optional but absolutely delicious with just 4 ingredients!
THE EQUIPMENT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THIS CHEESECAKE:
- A 10 inch springform pan to get the crust and sides perfectly even
- A food processor to make the nut crust easily – this is the one I use and love
TIPS AND VARIATIONS FOR THIS VEGAN BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE:
- If you are following a raw diet, omit the sauce from this recipe.
- Instead of apple cider vinegar, you could use fresh lemon juice or coconut vinegar.
- If you want to turn this recipe into vegan blueberry cheesecake bars, simply use a square pan instead of a round pan and cut the cake into bars instead of slices.
- Take this cake out of the freezer 10-15 minutes before you want to serve it to make it easier to cut into beautiful slices.
- Store this cake in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
At this point, there’s a vegan option for every ingredient if you know where to look! You can use a vegan cream cheese, but I prefer to swap for soaked cashews. They make a super creamy cheesecake filling without any extra artificial ingredients in the mix.
Simply put, it’s just the size! The Big Apple loves big slices of cheesecake, and most are twice the height of a normal cheesecake. I prefer the balance of filling to crust of a regular vegan cheesecake recipe.
MORE DESSERT RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
- Lemon Coconut Cheesecake Bars
- Vegan Vanilla Mint Ice Cream Cake
- Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Blueberry Raspberry Cobbler
- Lemon and Vanilla Cheesecake
- Vegan Turtle Cookie Bars
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake
This No-Bake Blueberry Vegan Cheesecake is so rich and creamy. Made with cashews and canned coconut milk, the cheesecake layers are lusciously smooth and creamy with a delicious blueberry topping. It's also gluten free and paleo.
Optional Blueberry Sauce Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Line a 10” springform pan with parchment paper and grease the sides with coconut oil
Add the crust ingredients to your food processor or high speed blender and blend until it forms a sticky dough. Press the dough evenly along the bottom of the pan until you have an even layer
Add all the cheesecake layer ingredients, except the blueberries, to your food processor or blender and blend well until it's smooth.
Pour 2/3 of the cheesecake layer over the crust and spread it evenly with a knife or spoon and then place the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes
Add the blueberries to the remaining cheesecake layer ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth
Spread the blueberry layer over the plain cheesecake layer and return the pan to the freezer. Freeze for 2-3 hours, until firm.
If you are using the optional blueberry sauce, make that next by following the instructions below
Optional Blueberry Sauce Instructions
Add all the ingredients to a small pot on the stove over medium heat and bring the ingredients to a boil
Turn down the heat and allow the sauce to simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the blueberries have broken apart. Set the sauce aside until you are ready to serve the cake
After cutting the cheesecake into pieces, pour a little sauce over each piece and enjoy!
- Take this cake out of the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving to make it easier to cut.
Pin this recipe for later: