Dairy Free Brownies with Caramel are going to become your new favourite paleo dessert. These gluten free brownies with caramel are easy to make, moist in the middle, and even grain free. Made with almond flour and coconut flour your whole family will love these brownies.
These Dairy Free Brownies with Caramel are incredible! So chocolatey, moist in the middle, and topped with an amazing caramel sauce. They are also surprisingly easy to make. Pair these brownies with a glass of your favourite dairy free milk (coconut milk is my personal favourite) and you have the perfect paleo dessert.
Why these Dairy Free Brownies with Caramel are so good:
- Even though they are dairy free they are moist in the middle and full of chocolate flavour
- They are really easy to make!
- They are paleo, gluten free and grain free and made with my favourite grain free flours, almond flour and coconut flour
- They are safe for the GAPS diet
- They don’t require any fancy ingredients. If you are used to paleo baking I bet you already have everything you will need in your pantry.
- The caramel sauce! I mean look how pretty that caramel drizzle is. Chocolate and caramel, is there any other better combination? I don’t think so!
How to make dairy free brownies with caramel:
You’ll be so happy with how easy these dairy free brownies with caramel are to make.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F.
- Then add all of the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) to the bowl of your standing mixer and blend the ingredients well until they are smooth.
- Next stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Then grease an 8 inch by 8 inch baking pan with coconut oil (if you are using a silicone mold you can skip this step).
- Then transfer the dough to the pan and spread it out evenly. I find that wetting the spoon really helps spread the dough evenly as it is quite thick and sticky (which is why they turn out so good!).
- Then bake the brownies for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean.
While the brownies are baking you can make the caramel sauce. Note that this makes a large batch of caramel sauce, so if you only want enough for the brownies I suggest cutting the recipe down by a quarter. To make the caramel sauce:
- Put all of the ingredients into your Vitamix or other high speed blender and then blend the ingredients until they are smooth.
- Once the brownies are done baking, allow them to cool for about 10 minutes and then drizzle them with the caramel sauce. Let them cool for a bit longer and they are ready for you to enjoy!
Tips for these Dairy Free Brownies with Caramel:
- You need to be using dairy free and soy free chocolate chips. My personal favourite brands of dairy free and soy free chocolate chips are:
- Equal Exchange Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- Pascha Organic Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
2. I have found that since I have switched to baking with silicone bakeware that it cooks faster than traditional bakeware. If using a silicone mold these brownies will only take ~17 minutes to bake, rather than ~20 minutes in glass bakeware (remember, never use non-stick bakeware as it has many known health risks).
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can you substitute the cashew butter with a different nut butter? Yes! Feel free to use almond butter or sunflower seed butter if you can’t have cashews.
- Can you omit the caramel sauce? Yes you totally can. Although I don’t think they taste as good. I mean, chocolate and caramel, is there anything better than that?
- Can you substitute the almond flour for coconut flour? Definitely not! Please don’t try this. The brownies will be a dry, crumbly mess.
- Can you omit the eggs? No! I have also not tried this recipe with chia seed eggs, flax seed eggs or gelatin eggs. If you try it please let me know how it turns out but I can’t guarantee anything.
- Are these dairy free brownies with caramel paleo friendly? Yes! These brownies are safe for the paleo diet.
Other desserts you will love:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Chocolate Orange Fudge
- Gluten Free Turtle Bars
- Paleo Carrot Cake Donuts
- Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Paleo Chocolate Raspberry Cups
- Edible Cookie Dough
DID YOU MAKE AND LOVE THIS RECIPE? MAKE SURE TO LEAVE A COMMENT OR REVIEW BELOW. AND BE SURE TO SHARE YOUR CREATIONS BY TAGGING ME ON INSTAGRAM.
Dairy Free Brownies with Caramel (Paleo, GAPS, Gluten Free, Grain Free)
Dairy free brownies with caramel are going to become your new favourite paleo dessert. Loaded with chocolate, moist in the middle and easy to make!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 3 large eggs (Use free range)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted) (plus a little more for greasing the pan)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (use dairy free and soy free)
Preheat your oven to 350F
In your standing mixer add all of the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and blend well until smooth
Stir in the chocolate chips by hand
Grease an 8″x8″ pan with coconut oil
Transfer the dough to the pan and spread evenly with a knife or spoon (Tip: the dough is quite sticky, so you may want to wet your hands or spoon to help spread it more easily)
Place in the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean
While the brownies are baking make the caramel sauce (see below)
To make the caramel sauce: Place all of the ingredients into your Vitamix or other high speed blender and blend well until smooth
Remove from the oven and let cool for ~10 minutes before adding the caramel sauce
Top with the caramel sauce
Cut the brownies into desired sized pieces
Serve and enjoy!
Note: If you are following the paleo diet make sure the chocolate chips you are using are dairy and soy free.
You can substitute the cashew butter for almond butter or sunflower seed butter.
The recipe for the caramel sauce makes a large batch of caramel. If you don’t want extra cut the recipe down by a quarter.
Pin this recipe for later: