This Whole30 Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli is a simple and delicious dinner idea, inspired by traditional Japanese teriyaki chicken dishes. The teriyaki sauce in this dish is full of flavour and made with coconut aminos so it’s also paleo and gluten free!
Why this Whole30 Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli is so good:
- The teriyaki sauce is so incredibly tasty and because it’s made with coconut aminos it’s soy free and gluten free!
- It’s really easy to make and is ready in under 20 minutes!
- Not only is it Whole30 compliant but it’s also paleo
- Because the sauce is refined sugar free this is a healthier version of traditional Japanese style teriyaki chicken dishes
What you need to make this Whole30 Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli:
- A Vitamix blender, or other high speed blender (this is the one I have and love)
- Coconut aminos (this is the brand I use)
- Fresh ginger
- Chili flakes
- tapioca starch/ flour (this is the brand I use)
- garlic or garlic infused olive oil
- chicken breasts
- avocado oil or coconut oil
How to make this Whole30 Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli:
You are going to love how easy this recipe is to make!
- Add the ingredients for the sauce to your Vitamix blender and blend well until smooth
- Place a large pan on the stove on medium heat and add the oil
- Add the cut chicken breasts and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until the chicken is fully cooked on all sides
- Add the broccoli to the pan and pour the sauce over the chicken and broccoli and stir until combined
- Turn down the heat and simmer for another ~10 minutes, stirring frequently until the broccoli is the consistency you desire
What to serve with this Whole30 Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli:
- If you are following a Whole30 or paleo diet I would serve this with cauliflower rice
- It also goes great with white rice or rice noodles
- You can top this dish with sesame seeds or cashews
- Chopped green onion also makes a great garnish for this dish
Tips for making this Whole30 Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli:
- Feel free to add other vegetables such as bell peppers, carrots, celery or peas
- Make a double batch of the sauce and save half to use later
- Try adding green onion to the sauce to give it a little different flavour
- Top this chicken with sesame seeds or cashews
- The tapioca starch is used to thicken the sauce. If you want a thinner sauce simply omit it
Other frequently asked questions:
Is teriyaki sauce healthy? It depends on what the sauce is made of. Many teriyaki sauces contain a lot of sugar. However the sauce for this teriyaki chicken dish is healthy because it’s refined sugar free! Instead it’s sweetened naturally with dates.
What is teriyaki sauce made of? Usually teriyaki sauce is made from soy sauce as the base with added ingredients like ginger, garlic, chilis, onion and sugar. Instead of using soy sauce the sauce for this Whole30 teriyaki chicken uses coconut aminos.
What sides are good with teriyaki chicken? Besides broccoli, other vegetables that go great with teriyaki chicken are cooked bell peppers, carrots, peas and celery. It also pairs well with cauliflower rice or white rice.
Other Whole30 recipes you will love:
- Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce
- Whole30 Scalloped Potatoes
- Whole30 Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup
- Whole30 Spanish rice
- Whole30 Cream of Potato Soup
- Whole30 Chicken Stir Fry
- Beef Curry Stew
- Whole30 Sloppy Joes
- Paleo Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Whole30 Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli (paleo, gluten free)
This Whole30 Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli is an easy and healthy dinner that is full of flavour. With the most delcious Japanese inspired sauce this recipe is also gluten free and paleo.
Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients
- 2-3 chicken breasts, diced
- 3 tbsp avocado oil or coconut oil
- 5 cups broccoli
Place all the ingredients into your Vitamix or other high speed blender and blend well until smooth
Chicken and Broccoli Directions
Place a large pan on the stove on medium heat and add the oil
Add the diced chicken breasts and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until the chicken is fully cooked
Add the broccoli to the pan
Pour the sauce over the chicken and broccoli and stir until combined
Turn down the heat and simmer for another ~10 minutes, stirring frequently until the broccoli is the consistency you desire
Serve and enjoy!
- Feel free to add other vegetables such as bell peppers or carrots to this dish
- You can double the sauce and save some for later
Pin this recipe for later: