This creamy, vegan cilantro lime dressing is the best, simple dressing. Ready in just a few minutes this dairy free and paleo dressing will turn any boring salad into a dish that is bursting with flavour. It can also be used as a dip or marinade.
Why you will love this recipe:
- This is the best dairy free cilantro lime dressing! It has the most amazing creamy, zesty flavour.
- It is quick and easy to make and only takes a few minutes to prepare.
- This healthy dressing is vegan, Whole30, gluten free, paleo, low carb, keto and AIP.
- It's made with no yogurt, no mayo, no vinegar, no avocado, no garlic, no sour cream and no sugar and instead is made with coconut milk to give it that perfect thick texture.
- Because it's made in the blender it's ready in no time at all.
- It can be used in so many ways including for salads, coleslaw, for tacos, as a dip or as a marinade.
Taste and texture:
This green dressing or green sauce is smooth, creamy, zesty and bursting with fresh flavour.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Cilantro - fresh cilantro adds so much fresh flavour and a gorgeous green colour to this dressing.
- Limes - you will use fresh limes for both the zest and the juice to give this dressing that delicious fresh citrus taste.
- Coconut milk - full fat coconut milk is used to give this vegan dressing that smooth, creamy texture, while making it without yogurt and without cashews. I recommend using full fat rather than low fat coconut milk for the best creamy flavour.
How to make:
Place all the ingredients into your high speed blender (such as a Vitamix).
Blend everything well until you have a smooth, creamy dressing.
Tips and variations:
- You could easily double or tripe this recipe if you want to have more on hand for later.
- If you can't have coconut milk I would use cashew milk instead.
- If you want a bit more flavour, add 1-2 cloves of garlic to this salad dressing recipe.
How to use:
This dressing can be used in so many ways including:
- It makes the perfect dressing for salads, for coleslaw or for pasta salad.
- It can be used as a dipping sauce for raw vegetables, for shrimp, for sweet potato fries, or for chicken dishes.
- This dressing can be used as a marinade.
- It can be used to top tacos, fish tacos or burrito bowls.
- Use it as a sauce for rice or pasta dishes (or cauli rice if you are avoiding grains).
This vegan cilantro lime dressing recipe has approximately 74 calories per serving with 1 gram of carbohydrates, 0 net carbs, 1 gram of protein, 8 grams of fat, 1 gram of sugar and 1 gram of fiber.
How to store:
Store any leftover dressing in the fridge in an airtight container or jar for up to 7 days.
Frequently asked questions:
No it is not. This dressing is made with full fat coconut milk meaning it's full of healthy fats and has approximately 8 grams of fat per serving.
Yes it is. This dressing has 1 gram of carbs and 0 grams of net carbs per serving meaning it's low in carbs and keto.
This dressing has 1 gram of sugar per serving.
Yes it is.
Other recipes you will like:
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Carrot Dip with Chilis
- Vegan caesar dressing
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Walnut dressing
- Strawberry, mint and basil vinaigrette
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Vegan Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Place all the ingredients into your food processor or your high speed blender and blend until smooth
- Serve and enjoy!
- This dressing stores really well in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Use this dressing as a dip, sauce, marinade or dressing.