The colors and flavour of this Christmas Chicken are perfect for the holidays. With cranberries and maple syrup this is such an easy and simple chicken dish that your whole family will love. It’s also paleo and gluten free!
Why did I call this recipe Christmas Chicken? Because the colors reminded me so much of Christmas! I could have also called it cranberry maple chicken or cranberry chicken with maple but I just loved Christmas Chicken so much more.
Of course you can eat this chicken any time, not just at Christmas, but if you are looking for something other than turkey to have for the holidays this chicken dish would be perfect. It would also be great to serve at Thanksgiving. Not only does it taste amazing, it’s also really easy to make and looks so pretty!
Why this Christmas Chicken is so good:
- The combination of maple syrup and cranberries is the perfect mix of sweet and sour flavours
- The mix of green from the broccoli and red from the cranberries gives it such a pretty, vibrant color
- It’s so easy and simple to make
- It only uses one pan to cook so your clean up is so easy
- With broccoli and cranberries this chicken dish is so healthy!
Pin this recipe for later:
What to serve with this Christmas Chicken recipe:
- White rice or cauliflower rice
- Mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower
- Roasted potatoes or green beans
- Cooked squash (butternut and spaghetti are my favourite)
- You could also top it with cashew or pecans for some extra flavour and crunch
Optional toppings for this chicken with cranberries:
- Add either cashews or pecans for a little extra flavour and crunch
- Throw on some fresh cilantro to give it a different taste
- Add some black or green olives
How to make this Christmas Chicken recipe:
First you are going to make the marinade. Simply put the marinade ingredients into a bowl or large measuring cup and stir well.
Then place the remaining ingredients into a large glass or ceramic pan. Pour the marinade over the ingredients and turn the chicken breasts a couple times to ensure they are coated.
Let the ingredients marinate for 30-60 minutes. Then turn on the oven to 350F. Cover the dish in tin foil and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through (the cooking time may vary based on the size of your chicken breasts). Then serve and enjoy!
Other recipes you will love:
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry Sheet Pan Meal
- Keto Meatloaf with Blueberries
- Whole30 and Paleo Sloppy Joes
- Maple Cranberry Brussels Sprouts
- Lemon Bars with Cranberry
Christmas Chicken (paleo, gluten free)
This Christmas Chicken is made with cranberries and maple syrup and tastes amazing. Perfect for the holidays and so easy to make!
- 4 chicken breasts (organic and free range if possible)
- 1 head brocolli, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
Make the marinade by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl or large mixing cup
Place the chicken breasts, broccoli and cranberries in a large glass or ceramic baking dish
Pour the marinade over the ingredients, turning the chicken breasts a few times to ensure coated
Let everything marinate for 30-60 minutes
Turn the oven on to 350F
Cover the baking dish in tin foil and place it into the oven
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked
Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes
Serve and enjoy!
- This recipes yields 4 servings but feel free to double or triple it if you are serving a crowd
- Optional topping ideas: cashews, pecans or cilantro
- Depending on the size of your chicken breasts you may have to alter the cooking time slightly