This is the best keto green beans recipe! Perfectly seasoned fresh green beans are topped with garlic and slivered almonds. This recipe is naturally low in carbs with only 5 net carbs per serving. These green beans are easy to make in under 15 minutes and also make great leftovers.
Why you will love this recipe:
- These low carb green beans have such a delicious flavour. Perfectly seasoned and topped with sliced almonds to give them an added bit of crunch.
- These pan fried green beans are so easy to make and are ready in under 15 minutes!
- They make great leftovers and store well in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- They are naturally low in carbs with only 5 grams of net carbs per serving.
- Besides being keto, these beans are also gluten free, vegan, dairy free, Whole30 and paleo!
- They are a healthy side dish that are perfect to serve with any meal and also make a great addition to holiday menus including Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter.
- Add a little garlic to turn these into keto garlic green beans or top them with cheese to make cheesy keto green beans.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Fresh green beans: Green beans are a delicious healthy vegetable that are a good source of vitamin C, folate, vitamin K and fibre. They are low in carbs so are great to eat on a keto diet.
- Fresh garlic: Garlic gives these beans a rich and unique flavour. Plus garlic is high in many vitamins and minerals and also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties!
- Toasted slivered almonds: To give these beans a bit of extra crunch and a unique roasted, smoky flavour!
- Coconut oil: one of my favourite cooking oils that is full of healthy fats. You could easily swap the coconut oil for butter to make thees into keto green beans with butter instead.
How to make this recipe:
First, place a large pan on the stove on medium heat and add the coconut oil and minced garlic, and allow the coconut oil to melt.
Next, add the green beans to the pan and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Sauté the beans for 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently until they are tender.
While the beans are cooking, place a small pan on the stove on medium heat. Add the avocado oil and slivered almonds and cook until the almonds are toasted, stirring frequently to prevent them from burning (this will take about 8-10 minutes).
Lastly, top the cooked green beans with the slivered almonds and serve and enjoy!
How to easily trim green beans:
- First wash the green beans by rinsing them in a colander.
- Get a sharp knife and cutting board. Grab a handful of beans and line them up in a row.
- Cut the tips of the beans off.
- Flip the beans around, line then up and trim off the tips.
- Repeat with the remaining beans until all the beans are trimmed.
Tips and variations:
- Feel free to add other toppings such as cooked chopped bacon, parmesan cheese, or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Feel free to cook these beans in any fat that you like: butter, ghee, avocado oil or even bacon fat!
- You could switch the slivered almonds for other nuts such as pecans or walnuts to give them a different flavour.
- If you are serving a crowd you can easily double or triple this recipe.
How to store:
Store any leftover green beans in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
One serving of these green beans has approximately 196 calories with 9 grams of total carbs, 4 grams of fiber, 5 grams of net carbs, 5 grams of protein and 17 grams of fat.
Frequently asked questions:
Yes! Green beans are a healthy vegetable, that are not only keto but are also paleo, Whole30, and gluten free. The nutritional info for one serving of these sautéed green beans is:
5g net carbs : 9g total carbs (4g of fibre)
Yes! String beans are just another name for green beans. They can also be called snap beans or snap green beans.
Other recipes you will love:
- Keto coleslaw
- Rich and Creamy Clam Chowder
- Asian Coleslaw
- Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
- Low Carb Guacamole
- Honey Glazed Carrots and Parsnips
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Keto Green Beans
- Place a large pan on the stove on medium heat and add the coconut oil and minced garlic, and allow the coconut oil to melt.
- Add the green beans to the pan and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Sauté the beans for 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently until they are tender.
- While the beans are cooking, place a small pan on the stove on medium heat. Add the avocado oil and slivered almonds and cook until toasted, stirring frequently to prevent them from burning (about 8-10 minutes).
- Top the beans with the slivered almonds and serve and enjoy!
- Feel free to cook these beans in another fat such as butter, ghee or bacon fat.
- For a different flavour swap the slivered almonds with another nut such as pecans or walnuts.
- Store these beans in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.