You are going to love this paleo carrot cake banana bread recipe. It's super moist and has the best flavour. It's healthy and made with almond flour, coconut flour and tapioca flour. It's also gluten free and dairy free and is topped with a delicious cashew cream cheese frosting. You'll also love how easy it is to make!
Why you will love this recipe:
- It's got the best flavour! It's perfectly spiced with both cinnamon and nutmeg and is topped with the most delicious cashew cream cheese frosting.
- This gluten free carrot cake banana bread is super moist and has the best texture, even though it's grain free and healthy!
- It's so easy to make and only takes a few minutes to assemble.
- Besides being paleo it's also gluten free and dairy free so a great option if you have food allergies.
- It makes a great breakfast, snack or dessert option.
- If you love carrot cake you will also love these healthy carrot cake donuts.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Almond flour - one of my favourite paleo flours to bake with. It helps give this bread the most perfect texture. You could swap this for cashew flour.
- Tapioca flour - to give this bread a nice light and fluffy texture . DO NOT try swapping this for cassava flour.
- Coconut flour - to help firm up the bread . I don't recommend trying to swap this for any other flour.
- Bananas - it just wouldn't be banana bread without the bananas! Bananas also help to give this bread the perfect amount of sweetness and moisture.
- Carrots - to help give this bread the taste of carrot cake! The carrots also provide moisture and natural sweetness.
- Honey - one of my favorite natural sweeteners that helps give this bread the most delicious flavour! You could swap this for maple syrup instead.
- Coconut sugar - another one of my favourite natural sweeteners. You could easily swap this for brown sugar too.
How to make this recipe:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Next, add all the bread ingredients to the bowl of your standing mixer and blend everything well until it's smooth.
Then line a bread pan with parchment paper and transfer the dough to the pan. Spread it into an even layer with a spoon or knife. Bake the bread for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean.
While the bread is cooking you can make the icing by blending all the ingredients together in your food processor until they are smooth.
When the bread is done cooking top it with the icing and allow the bread to cool. Then serve and enjoy!
- Do not try swapping the flours in this recipe. It won't turn out!
- Use room temperature eggs for best results.
- Feel free to make a double batch and freeze one loaf for later.
- Store this bread in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To freeze this bread: freeze it in an air tight bag without the icing. When you are ready to eat it, let it thaw and top it with the icing at that time.
Variations and add ins:
- Feel free to top this bread with ingredients like fresh berries, chopped nuts or raisins.
- You could add in some chopped nuts or raisins to the bread recipe.
- Feel free to add a bit of nutmeg or allspice to give this banana bread even more flavour.
Frequently asked questions:
Definitely not! Tapioca flour and cassava flour are very different flours and the bread will be a crumbly, dry mess if you try using cassava flour instead.
I have not tried this recipe with any egg substitutes. I am not sure it would work out with egg substitutes but if you do try it please let me know how it goes.
No, this recipe is not vegan because it contains eggs. I do not recommend omitting the eggs or trying to replace them with any egg replacers.
Other recipes that you'll love:
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Paleo Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Paleo Waffles
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Note: This recipe was originally published on March 20, 2017. The post was updated on April 3 2021 but the recipe has not been altered.
Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Add all the bread ingredients to the bowl of your standing mixer and blend well until smooth.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper and transfer the dough to the pan. Spread it into an even layer with a spoon or knife. Bake the bread for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean.
- While the bread is cooking make the icing by blending all the ingredients together in your food processor until they are smooth.
- Once the bread is cooked top it with the icing and allow the bread to cool. Then serve and enjoy!
- Do not try swapping the flours in this recipe. It won't turn out.
- Feel free to top the bread with fresh berries, chopped nuts or raisins.
- Store this bread in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.