These homemade chocolate raspberry cups are the most delicious treat. Dark chocolate and raspberries blend perfectly to give this dessert the most amazing flavour and you will love that they only take a few minutes of hands on time to make.
Why you will love this recipe:
- These dark chocolate raspberry cups taste amazing! Rich in dark chocolate and filled with a sweet raspberry filling.
- Even though this recipe is made from scratch it is so simple and easy to make and comes together in just a few minutes.
- This homemade dessert is refined sugar free.
- These chocolate cups freeze really well and can be stored for later.
- This dessert can be eaten anytime and are is perfect for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Easter and other special occasions like baby showers and bridal showers.
- This healthy no bake dessert is dairy free, vegan and paleo.
- Kids love this dessert!
Taste and texture:
These chocolate filled raspberry cups have a delicious melt in your mouth dark chocolate outer layer, with a nice sweet creamy raspberry filling. This dessert is sweet, but not too sweet thanks to the rich dark chocolate.
Key Ingredients and substitutions:
- Coconut oil: to give the chocolate a melt in your mouth texture, without any dairy!
- Honey: to add the perfect amount of sweetness to this dessert while keeping it refined sugar free. You can swap this for maple syrup.
- Cacao powder: to give it that nice and rich dark chocolate flavour. You can use cocoa powder instead.
- Fresh raspberries: to make the beautiful raspberry filling for these chocolate cups.
- Coconut butter or manna: to help make the raspberry cream filling even more creamy. Coconut butter is the same as coconut manna and coconut cream concentrate so you can use whichever one you can find. Coconut cream concentrate is often found in the Asian section of grocery stores, while coconut butter or coconut manna can sometimes be found in the gluten free or organic section of grocery stores.
How to make this recipe:
First, in a bowl, stir together the chocolate ingredients until they are smooth.
Then add about 2 tablespoons of the chocolate mix to each silicone muffin cup. Freeze them for 20 minutes.
Next, make the raspberry layer and spoon a little onto each chocolate. Cover in the remaining chocolate and freeze for another 45 minutes.
Remove them from the freezer and enjoy!
Tips and variations:
- I recommend using silicone muffin cups to make these - they ensure the chocolate doesn't stick and pops out easily.
- You can use either honey or maple syrup to sweeten these.
- If you don't have cacao powder, use cocoa powder instead.
- Coconut butter, coconut manna and coconut cream concentrate are all the same thing, so use whichever one you have on hand.
- To make this recipe vegan: use maple syrup instead of honey.
How to store:
I recommend storing these chocolate raspberry cups in the freezer. If you leave them out too long they will start to melt.
Frequently asked questions:
I do not recommend gifting these chocolates. If they are out of the freezer for too long they will start to melt which would make for a very messy gift.
I do not recommend using frozen raspberries for this recipe. They have too much liquid in them and will make the raspberry filling too runny.
Other desserts you will love:
- Dark Chocolate Orange Fudge
- Turtle Cookie Bars
- Double Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- Nut Butter and Chocolate Crunch Bars
- Chocolate Avocado Torte
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Chocolate Raspberry Cups
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoon coconut manna, melted (or coconut butter)
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the chocolate layer ingredients, until smooth.
- Line a muffin tray with silicone muffin cups.
- Spoon approximately 2 tablespoon of the chocolate sauce into each muffin cup.
- Place the tray in the freezer for 20-25 minutes.
- While the chocolate is freezing, using another bowl, stir together the raspberry layer ingredients until smooth.
- Add a small amount of the raspberry layer onto each chocolate cup.
- Cover the raspberry layer with the remaining chocolate sauce.
- Place the tray back in the freezer for an additional 45-60 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can use cocoa powder instead of cacao powder.
- You either honey or maple syrup to sweeten the chocolate.
- Store these in the freezer to prevent them from melting.