These Chocolate Raspberry Cups are the most delicious treat. Dark chocolate and raspberries blend perfectly to make this tasty treat. They are so easy to make and are naturally gluten free, dairy free and vegan too. Perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, or anytime.
Why you will love this recipe:
- These dark chocolate raspberry cups taste amazing! Rich in dark chocolate and filled with a sweet raspberry filling.
- It is really easy to make and comes together in just a few minutes.
- It is naturally dairy free, paleo and vegan!
- It is refined sugar free.
- They freeze really well and can be stored for later.
- This dessert can be eaten anytime and are also perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Easter and other special occasions like baby showers and bridal showers.
Ingredients and substitutions:
- Coconut oil: to give the chocolate a melt in your mouth texture, without any dairy!
- Honey: to add the perfect amount of sweetness to this dessert. You can swap this for maple syrup.
- Cacao powder: to give it that nice and rich dark chocolate flavour. You can use cocoa powder instead.
- Fresh raspberries: to make the beautiful raspberry filling for these chocolate cups.
- Coconut butter or manna: for the raspberry cream filling!
- Vanilla extract: to help enhance all the beautiful flavours of this dessert recipe.
- Sea salt: just a pinch is all you need to help contrast the sweetness of these chocolate cups.
How to make:
You will love how easy these chocolates are to make!
- Step one: first, stir together the chocolate ingredients until they are smooth.
- Step two: then add ~2 tbsp of the chocolate mix to each silicone muffin cup. Then freeze for 20 minutes.
- Step three: next make the raspberry layer and spoon a little onto each chocolate. Cover in the remaining chocolate and freeze for another 45 minutes.
- Step four: remove from the freezer and enjoy!
Tips and variations:
- I recommend using silicone muffin cups to make these – they ensure the chocolate doesn’t stick and pops out easily.
- You can use either honey or maple syrup to sweeten these.
- If you don’t have cacao powder, use cocoa powder instead.
- Coconut butter, coconut manna and coconut cream concentrate are all the same thing, so use whichever one you have on hand.
- To make this recipe vegan: use maple syrup instead of honey.
How to store:
I recommend storing these chocolate raspberry cups in the freezer. If you leave them out too long they will start to melt.
Frequently asked questions:
Can I gift these chocolate raspberry cups?
I do not recommend gifting these chocolates. If they are out of the freezer for too long they will start to melt which would make for a very messy gift.
Can I use frozen raspberries?
I do not recommend using frozen raspberries for this recipe. They have too much liquid in them and will make the raspberry filling too runny.
Other desserts you will love:
- Dark Chocolate Orange Fudge
- Turtle Cookie Bars
- Double Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- Nut Butter and Chocolate Crunch Bars
- Chocolate Avocado Torte
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Paleo Chocolate Raspberry Cups
These paleo chocolate raspberry cups are such a delicious, simple treat to make! Naturally dairy free and vegan they are perfect for Valentine's Day or anytime!
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp coconut manna, melted
In a medium sized bowl whisk together the chocolate layer ingredients, until smooth
Line a muffin tray with silicone muffin cups
Spoon approximately 2 TBSP of the chocolate sauce into each muffin cup
Place the tray in the freezer for 20-25 minutes
While the chocolate is freezing, using another bowl, stir together the raspberry layer ingredients until smooth
Add a small amount of the raspberry layer onto each chocolate cup
Cover the raspberry layer with the remaining chocolate sauce
Place the tray back in the freezer for an additional 45-60 minutes
Serve and enjoy!
- You can use cocoa powder instead of cacao powder
- You either honey or maple syrup to sweeten the chocolate
- Store these in the freezer to prevent them from melting
Pin this recipe for later: