This is the best no sugar banana bread recipe! This sugar free banana bread is nice and moist and is only sweetened with the natural sugars from ripe bananas. You will also love how easy this banana bread is to make. This healthy banana bread is also gluten free and dairy free.
Why you will love this recipe:
- This is the best sugar free banana bread recipe!
- This no sugar added banana bread is so easy to make.
- Banana bread without sugar is a healthy alternative to most banana bread recipes.
- This healthy banana bread recipe is not only sugar free but it’s also gluten free, dairy free and paleo.
- This no sugar banana bread is made with almond flour so it’s full of healthy fats, protein and fiber.
- It freezes really well so it’s great for meal prep.
- This banana bread is safe for diabetics to eat.
- It’s not too sweet.
- You can eat this banana bread for breakfast, dessert or for a snack.
- This banana bread can be made with or without sugar free chocolate chips.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Bananas – ripe bananas are the star of this banana bread without brown sugar. The natural sugars from bananas add the perfect amount of sweetness to this recipe so that you don’t have to add any sugar.
- Almond flour – instead of flour, almond flour is used to make this low sugar banana bread. Almond flour is full of healthy fats, is low in carbs, high in fiber, and higher in protein compared to regular flour. Be sure to use almond flour and not almond meal, as almond meal is too course and gritty.
- Tapioca flour – tapioca flour is a great gluten free flour that helps make this banana bread so light and fluffy.
- Coconut flour – coconut flour helps add natural sweetness to this recipe. Coconut flour also helps give banana bread the perfect crust. I do not recommend swapping this for another type of flour.
- Eggs – eggs help add moisture to this banana bread and help it rise when they bake. I do not recommend omitting the eggs in this recipe. As such this is not a sugar free banana bread recipe.
- Sugar free chocolate chips – these are optional. If you prefer banana bread without chocolate chips you can leave them out. To keep this chocolate chip banana bread sugar free be sure you use sugar free chocolate chips and not regular chocolate chips.
Health benefits of bananas:
Bananas are very healthy, convenient, delicious, and one of the most inexpensive fresh fruits you can buy. This makes bananas an excellent choice for anyone trying to eat healthy.
Bananas contain many essential nutrients, fiber and are high in antioxidants. One regular sized banana contains approximately 112 calories, 0 grams of fat, 1 gram of protein, 29 grams of carbohydrates, 3 grams of fiber, 12% of the daily value (DV) for vitamin C, 7% of the DV for riboflavin, 6% of the DV for folate, 5% of the DV for niacin, 11% of the DV for copper, 10% of the DV for potassium and 8% of the DV for magnesium.
Bananas have also been shown to help improve blood sugar, support digestive health, aid in weight loss, improve cardiovascular health, decrease blood pressure, and can help with recovery from exercise.
How to make this recipe:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a bread pan with parchment paper.
Next, add all the ingredients, except the optional chocolate chips to the bowl of your standing mixer. Blend all the ingredients together until you have a smooth batter.
If adding chocolate chips, stir them into the batter by hand.
Then transfer the batter to the lined loaf pan and bake for 45-48 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean. Let the banana loaf cool, then cut it into pieces and enjoy.
Tips and variations:
- Be sure to use ripe bananas for making banana bread. They should have brown or black spots on them. Don’t try using green bananas as the recipe won’t work out.
- Let this no sugar banana loaf cool completely before cutting into it – trust me, the wait is worth it!
- You can make this banana bread with or without the chocolate chips. If you are adding chocolate chips and you want to keep this banana bread sugar free, be sure to use sugar free chocolate chips.
- If you want a little more texture to your banana bread feel free to add some chopped nuts such as pecans or walnuts or dried fruit such as raisins.
- This simple banana bread recipe freezes really well so feel free to make a double or triple batch and save a loaf or two for later.
- Do not try swapping the flours in this recipe. I can’t guarantee that any swaps will work out.
How to store:
Store any leftover banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days, or in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Banana bread also freezes really well. To freeze, let the loaf cool then place it in an airtight bag or container and freeze for up to 2 months.
Frequently asked questions:
Does banana bread have a lot of sugar?
How much sugar is in banana bread will depend on the specific recipe, but in general, banana bread is fairly high in sugar because bananas are naturally high in sugar. However, natural sugars from fruits such as bananas are not to be feared. Fruits are part of a healthy diet and bananas have many health benefits.
Is this banana bread recipe dairy free?
Yes, this is a dairy free banana bread recipe.
Is this banana bread keto?
No this is not a keto banana bread recipe. This banana bread is high in carbs from the natural sugars found in bananas so it’s not keto or low carb.
Is banana bread okay for diabetics?
Whether or not diabetics can eat banana bread will depend on the specific banana bread recipe. Diabetics should avoid banana bread recipes that have a lot of added sugar and stick to banana bread recipes that are sweetened mainly with bananas.
Can you bake without sugar?
You can make baked goods without sugar. Instead of sugar you can use fresh fruits or dried fruits such as bananas, apples, dates or raisins to naturally sweetened baked goods.
Other recipes you will love:
- Gluten free chocolate chip banana bread
- Carrot cake banana bread
- Chocolate avocado muffins
- Zucchini muffins with chocolate
- Lemon blueberry muffins
- Healthy blueberry muffins
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TIKTOK AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
No Sugar Banana Bread
This is the best no sugar banana bread recipe. Easy to make it's naturally sweetened with bananas and has no added sugar.
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 350F and line a bread pan with parchment paper.
Add all the ingredients, except the optional chocolate chips to the bowl of your standing mixer.
Blend the ingredients well until you have a smooth batter.
If using, stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
Transfer the batter to the lined bread pan and bake for 45-48 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean.
Let the bread cool, then cut it into pieces and enjoy!
- Nutritional values are based on a loaf made without chocolate chips. If you add chocolate chips it will change the nutritional value calculations.
- Feel free to add other ingredients such as raisins or chopped nuts.
- Store this banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Pin this recipe for later: