This paleo vanilla milkshake is such a rich and creamy dairy free dessert that tastes just like vanilla ice cream. Made with coconut milk, banana, vanilla extract and sweetened with honey you will love that it is healthy and refined sugar free. You can drink it for breakfast or enjoy it as a treat!
Paleo Vanilla Milkshake Recipe
Why this Paleo Vanilla Milkshake is so good:
- It’s so easy and delicious! It tastes just like vanilla ice cream, but is dairy free, and instead made with healthier ingredients and is naturally sweetened and refined sugar free.
- It’s such a versatile recipe – feel free to add vanilla protein powder for an extra boost of protein and vanilla flavour or to swap the coconut milk for almond milk or another dairy free milk.
- You can use this vanilla milkshake for your morning breakfast smoothie, or as a delicious dessert.
- You can easily turn this into a vegan vanilla milkshake by eliminating the collagen.
- Besides being paleo and dairy free this recipe is also AIP, GAPS and SCD compliant.
Key ingredients for this paleo vanilla milkshake:
- Banana – this is used to help sweeten this milkshake and helps keep this milkshake refined sugar free
- Full fat coconut milk – to help give it the rich and creamy flavour – you could easily swap this for another dairy free milk such as almond milk
- Vanilla extract – this is key to give this milkshake its rich vanilla flavour
- Collagen peptides – to give this milkshake a boost of protein!
Tips and variations for this dairy free vanilla milkshake:
- To make this milkshake vegan simply eliminate the collagen peptides and use maple syrup instead of honey
- For an extra boost of protein add a scoop of your favourite vanilla protein powder
- Instead of coconut milk you could use other dairy free milks such as almond milk or cashew milk
- I recommend using full fat coconut milk rather than low fat coconut milk – full fat coconut milk helps give this milkshake it’s rich and creamy flavour
- Instead of vanilla extract you could use a vanilla bean instead.
- If you want to enjoy this milkshake right away, add 1-2 ice cubes to the recipe instead of letting it sit in the fridge overnight
MORE DAIRY FREE DESSERT RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
- Lemon Coconut Cheesecake Bars
- Vegan Vanilla Mint Ice Cream Cake
- Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Blueberry Raspberry Cobbler
- Lemon and Vanilla Cheesecake
- Vegan Turtle Cookie Bars
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Paleo Vanilla Milkshake
This paleo vanilla milkshake tastes just like vanilla ice cream but is made with healthy ingredients and is refined sugar free. Perfect for dessert!
Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
Transfer to a large glass, jar or other storage container and let sit in the fridge overnight. This allows the milkshake to thicken.
Serve and enjoy!
- If you want to drink this smoothie right away I would add an ice cube to the blender to cool it down rather than putting it in the fridge overnight.
- If you don't drink it all right away store it in the fridge for 1-2 days.