You are going to love this vegan mint ice cream cake! It has the most delicious sweet and creamy vanilla ice cream topping with a delectable mint crunch crust. This dairy free dessert is perfect to serve at birthdays or any special occasion.
Why you will love this recipe:
- It has the most incredible flavour! The combination of vanilla and mint blend perfectly.
- Besides being vegan this ice cream cake is also dairy free, paleo and gluten free.
- This cake is surprisingly easy to make and can be stored in the freezer for easy dessert leftovers.
- It's made with real, whole food ingredients so is a healthy alternative to most store bought ice cream cakes.
- This is a no bake dessert that is great any time of year.
- It's fancy enough to serve to guests, but simple enough to make anytime.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Raw cashews - these help create the perfect crunchy base for the cake.
- Mint leaves - these are key to give this cake the most incredible minty flavour.
- Full fat coconut milk - this gives this dairy free ice cream cake it's rich creamy flavour, without the dairy.
- Coconut butter or coconut manna - another key ingredient to keep this cake vegan and dairy free, yet give it a rich and creamy texture
- Maple syrup - to give this cake the perfect amount of sweetness. If you aren't vegan you can also use honey.
- Take this cake out of the freezer 10-15 minutes before you want to eat it to allow it to soften slightly to make it easier to cut into pieces.
- If you want to turn this recipe into ice cream bars, simply use a square pan instead of a round pan and cut the cake into bars instead of slices.
How to store:
Store this cake in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Frequently asked questions:
If you can't have cashews I would use almonds instead.
The ice cream layer can be made in a blender, but you will need a food processor to make the crust.
Other dessert recipes you will love:
- Dairy Free Blueberry Cheesecake
- Lemon Coconut Cheesecake Bars
- Vegan Vanilla Mint Ice Cream Cake
- Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Blueberry Raspberry Cobbler
- Lemon and Vanilla Cheesecake
- Vegan Turtle Cookie Bars
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Vegan Mint Ice Cream Cake
Mint Crust Ingredients
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 30 mint leaves
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
Mint Crust Instructions
- In your food processor combine the cashews, sunflower seeds, shredded coconut and mint leaves and process the ingredients until they are your desired texture.
- Transfer the ingredients to a large bowl and add the coconut oil and honey and stir well to combine.
- Transfer the ingredients to a round cake pan and press the ingredients down to form a flat, even layer.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 2 hours.
Vanilla Ice Cream Layer Instructions
- Place a medium pot on the stove on low heat and add all of the ingredients and let them heat until melted, stirring frequently.
- Pour this layer on top of the mint crust and spread evenly until smooth.
- Place the pan back in the freezer for another 2 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, take the cake out of the freezer and cut it into desired sized pieces.
- Be sure to use full fat coconut milk for this recipe.
- Take the cake out of the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving to make it easier to cut.
- Store this cake in the freezer.