Paleo Vanilla Mint Ice Cream Cake Recipe
Why you will love this Paleo Vanilla Mint Ice Cream Cake
- It has the most incredible flavour! The combination of vanilla and mint blend perfectly.
- Besides being paleo this ice cream cake is also dairy free, vegan and gluten free.
- This cake is surprisingly easy to make and can be stored in the freezer for easy dessert leftovers.
- It’s made with real, whole food ingredients so is a healthy alternative to most store bought ice cream cakes.
Key ingredients and equipment for this vegan ice cream cake:
- Raw cashews – these help create the perfect crunchy base for the cake
- Mint leaves – these are key to give this cake the most incredible minty flavour
- Full fat coconut milk – this gives this dairy free ice cream cake it’s rich creamy flavour, without the dairy
- Coconut butter or coconut manna – another key ingredient to keep this cake vegan and dairy free, yet give it a rich and creamy texture
- Honey or maple syrup – to give this cake the perfect amount of sweetness
- Food processor – Use this to help make the base of this ice cream cake – this is the food processor I use and love.
Tips for this dairy free ice cream cake:
- Take this cake out of the freezer 10-15 minutes before you want to eat it to allow it to soften slightly to make it easier to cut into pieces.
- Store this cake in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- If you want to turn this recipe into ice cream bars, simply use a square pan instead of a round pan and cut the cake into bars instead of slices.
Other dessert recipes you will love:
- Dairy Free Blueberry Cheesecake
- Lemon Coconut Cheesecake Bars
- Vegan Vanilla Mint Ice Cream Cake
- Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Blueberry Raspberry Cobbler
- Lemon and Vanilla Cheesecake
- Vegan Turtle Cookie Bars
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Paleo Vanilla Mint Ice Cream Cake
You will love this paleo vanilla mint ice cream cake. It's such a delicious dessert that is also dairy free and vegan. Perfect for celebrations, or anytime!
Mint Crust Ingredients
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 30 mint leaves
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
Mint Crust Instructions
In your food processor combine the cashews, sunflower seeds, shredded coconut and mint leaves and process the ingredients until they are your desired texture
Transfer the ingredients to a large bowl and add the coconut oil and honey and stir well to combine
Transfer the ingredients to a round cake pan and press the ingredients down to form a flat, even layer
Place the pan in the freezer for 2 hours
Vanilla Ice Cream Layer Instructions
Place a medium pot on the stove on low heat and add all of the ingredients and let them heat until melted, stirring frequently
Pour this layer on top of the mint crust and spread evenly until smooth
Place the pan back in the freezer for another 2 hours
When you are ready to serve, take the cake out of the freezer and cut it into desired sized pieces
- Be sure to use full fat coconut milk for this recipe.
- Take the cake out of the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving to make it easier to cut.
Pin this recipe for later: