This paleo chicken Alfredo with spinach and olives is so rich and creamy! Made with a delicious cashew cream sauce it’s got some surprise ingredients like spinach and black olives to give it a unique flavour. It’s the perfect dinner recipe that is naturally gluten free, dairy free and Whole30 too!
Why this Paleo Chicken Alfredo with spinach and olives is so good:
- The cashew cream Alfredo sauce is so creamy and rich! It takes this meal to another level!
- It’s surprisingly easy to make!
- It’s got some surprise ingredients like spinach and olives that not only make it taste amazing but turns it into a complete meal
- It’s naturally dairy free, gluten free and grain free and is both paleo and Whole30 compliant
Paleo Chicken Alfredo Ingredients
For the full list of ingredients, head to the recipe card, but a few ingredient highlights include:
- Raw cashews – to help make the perfect dairy free cream sauce
- Nutritional yeast – this is what gives the sauce a cheesy flavour without the dairy
- Black olives – because olives make everything better!
- Spinach – to give you a serving of veggies and turn this into a complete meal
How to make this paleo chicken Alfredo with spinach and olives:
The full directions are found in the recipe card, but these stories will show you how to make this paleo chicken Alfredo perfectly every time!
What to serve with this dish:
This recipe tastes great on it’s own, but if you want other options for serving here are some ideas!
- If you are eating paleo: I love serving this Alfredo over Jovial foods grain free pasta
- If you are on a Whole30: You can try spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes or cauliflower rice
- Other ideas: If you aren’t on a restricted diet I would serve this over pasta or rice!
Tips and variations for this chicken Alfredo:
- If you don’t like olives, simply omit them from the recipe!
- Try adding green olives in addition to black olives to give it a different flavour
- This recipe is very adaptable, feel free to add other vegetables such as peas, broccoli or cauliflower or swap the spinach for other vegetables
- You can use either fresh or frozen spinach in this recipe
- If you are feeding a crowd feel free to double or triple this recipe
- This chicken Alfredo stores well in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days
Other paleo and Whole30 recipes you will love:
- Paleo and Whole30 Sloppy Joes
- Paleo Sun-dried Tomato Pasta
- Whole30 and Paleo Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli
- Whole30 and Paleo Shepherd’s Pie
- Paleo and Whole30 Salmon Cakes with Lemon Dill Aioli
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Paleo Chicken Alfredo with Spinach and Olives
This paleo chicken Alfredo with spinach and olives is a rich and creamy dish that is ready in under 30 minutes! Naturally gluten free and dairy free it's also paleo too!
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (or avocado oil)
- 3 large chicken breasts, chopped
- 300 grams fresh or frozen spinach
- 2 cans chopped black olives
Make the sauce by adding all the sauce ingredients to your Vitamix blender and blending well until smooth
Place a large pan on the stove on medium heat and add the oil and allow it to melt. Add the cut up chicken breasts to the pan and cook for a couple minutes per side, until the chicken is coooked on all sides
Pour the sauce over the chicken and stir well
Add the spinach and olives to the pan and stir well. Simmer all the ingredients together for another 5-10 minutes, stirring regularly so the sauce doesn't stick to the pan
Serve and enjoy!
- You can use fresh or frozen spinach for this recipe
- Feel free to add other vegetables
- If you don’t like olives, simply omit them
Pin this recipe for later: