These paleo orange chocolate chunk muffins are the best! The combination of orange and chocolate is just perfect and they have the most incredible texture. Nice and moist on the inside you’d never know these muffins are grain free, dairy free and gluten free. Perfect for breakfast or anytime.
Why you will love these paleo orange chocolate chunk muffins:
- They taste amazing! The combination of orange and chocolate is just perfect
- They are really easy to make and the clean up is so simple
- You would never guess that these muffins are grain free, gluten free and dairy free. They have the most incredible texture
- They freeze really well
What you need to make these muffins:
The full ingredient list is found in the recipe card but a few key ingredients and equipment include:
- A standing mixer – this is the one that I have and love
- A muffin tin
- Parchment paper muffin cups – to prevent the muffins from sticking and coming into contact with the non-stick surface of your muffin tin
- Almond flour – one of my favourite grain free flours!
- Coconut flour – to give the outside of the muffins the perfect firm texture
- Tapioca flour – to give these muffins the perfect light and fluffy texture
- Fresh orange juice
- Chocolate bars – these are my favourite paleo friendly ones
How to make these paleo orange chocolate muffins:
The full directions are found in the recipe card, but these stories will show you how to make these muffins perfectly every time!
Tips and variations for these muffins:
- If you can’t have almond flour I would recommend using cashew flour instead – do not try substituting any other flours! These muffins will not work out if you do
- Instead of broken chocolate bars you could use 6 ounces of chocolate chips instead
- These muffins freeze really well
- Store these muffins in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week
Frequently asked questions:
Absolutely not! They will not turn out if you try this. Cassava flour and tapioca flour are very different flours and cannot be interchanged.
The brands that I use and love include Zazubean and Hu chocolate because they are dairy free, soy free and use coconut sugar to sweeten them. If you know of other brands please let me know and I can add them to the list.
Other paleo baked goods you will love:
- Paleo Bagels
- Paleo Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate
- Paleo Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Paleo Apple Pie Bars
- Paleo Turtle Cookie Bars
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Paleo Orange Chocolate Muffins
These paleo orange chocolate muffins have the best flavour! Easy to make they are perfect for breakfast or as a snack.
- A little extra chocolate to drizzle on top of the muffins
Preheat your oven to 350F
Add all the ingredients, except the chocolate bars, into the bowl of your standing mixer and blend well until smooth
Stir in the broken chocolate bars by hand
Line a muffin pan with parchment paper muffin cups and transfer the batter to the cups. Bake the muffins for 22-24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean
- Feel free to use paleo friendly chocolate chips instead of chocolate bars
- Do not try swapping flours for these muffins – they will not turn out
- These muffins freeze really well
Pin this recipe for later: