This is the best chocolate chip marshmallow cookies recipe! These cookies are soft, chewy, fudgy and full of gooey marshmallows. They taste like Smore's, but are easy to make in under 15 minutes and can be made gluten free, dairy free and vegan too!
Why you will love this recipe:
- These chocolate chip mini marshmallow cookies are so soft, chewy and pillowy!
- The flavour of these cookies is similar to S'mores, but no camp fire is needed here!
- This marshmallow cookie recipe is so quick and easy to make and these cookies are ready in less than 15 minutes.
- It is a no chill cookie recipe that is made with pantry staple ingredients.
- These homemade cookies are made in one bowl so the clean up is so simple and easy.
- This cookie recipe can easily be made gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
- Chocolate chip and marshmallow cookies are a fun twist on a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- These chocolate chip cookies have marshmallows inside them and on top of them!
- You can freeze these cookies for later so they are great for meal prep.
- Kids love them!
- If you love chocolate cookies you will also love these chocolate stuffed cookies.
Taste and texture:
These cookies are soft, chewy, pillowy, fudgy and buttery. They taste like Smore's with the delicious combination of toasted marshmallows and melt in your mouth chocolate chips.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
For the full ingredient list, please refer to the recipe card at the end of this post. This is a description of some of they key ingredients you'll need for making these cookies.
- All purpose flour - to make these cookies you'll need all purpose flour, a pantry staple that I am sure most of you already have. If you are gluten free you can swap this for a gluten free all purpose flour instead.
- Butter - melted butter helps make these cookies so soft and into fudgy marshmallow cookies! If you are vegan or dairy free be sure to use a vegan butter instead. To make these cookies even more decadent, use brown butter to turn these into brown butter chocolate chip marshmallow cookies.
- Coconut sugar or brown sugar - either of these granulated sugars can be used to make these chocolate and marshmallow cookies.
- Marshmallows - the star of the show! I recommend using mini marshmallows for these chocolate marshmallow cookies. If you are vegan be sure to use vegan marshmallows. If you don't have mini marshmallows you could just cut up large marshmallows instead.
- Chocolate chips - the combination of chocolate chips and gooey marshmallows makes these cookies so soft and fudgy! Instead of chocolate chips you could use chocolate chunks instead to make chocolate chunk marshmallow cookies. If you are vegan or dairy free simply use dairy free chocolate chips to make these cookies.
How to make this recipe:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Next, in the bowl of your standing mixer add all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips and marshmallows and blend the ingredients until they are smooth.
Then stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallows by hand.
Lastly, use a cookie scoop and transfer the dough to the baking sheet. Then bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes. They will still be a little undercooked when you remove them from the oven. Let them cool completely, then enjoy!
- Be sure to use unsalted butter for this cookie recipe.
- Make sure to use melted butter for these cookies.
- Let these cookies cool completely before eating them.
- To make these cookies gluten free: use an all purpose gluten free flour.
- To make these cookies dairy free: use a vegan butter, dairy free marshmallows and dairy free chocolate chips.
- If you want to make these cookies even more chocolatey, add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips instead of 1/3 cup.
- Instead of coconut sugar you can use brown sugar.
- To make these into vegan chocolate chip marshmallow cookies use a vegan butter, vegan marshmallows, vegan chocolate chips and a vegan egg replacement such as a chia egg or flax egg.
- Turn these into vanilla marshmallow cookies by using vanilla marshmallows.
- If you prefer marshmallow cookies without chocolate, omit the chocolate chips from this recipe.
- Instead of chocolate chips you can use chocolate chunks.
- Instead of dark chocolate chips you can use white chocolate chips.
How to serve:
These cookies are delicious served warm or cold. They are delicious served on their own but you could also pair them with a glass of milk, a bowl of ice cream or yogurt, a mug of coffee, tea or hot chocolate.
How to store:
Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the fridge for up to 7 days.
These cookies also freeze really well. They can be frozen in an airtight bag or container for up to 2 months.
Frequently asked questions:
You'll be glad to know that the marshmallows in these cookies do not melt. They stay intact and get warm and gooey and add amazing flavour to the cookies.
Adding marshmallows to baked goods adds sweetness and a unique flavour to baking. Marshmallows can be added to cookies, brownies, cakes and more. Depending on the recipe, the marshmallows can either melt, or stay intact.
Yes you can freeze cookie dough with marshmallows in it, just like you would any other cookie dough.
I would not consider this a healthy cookie recipe. These cookies are pretty decadent and full of different sugars and butter. But, I believe that a healthy diet is all about balance, and that enjoying an indulgent cookie from time to time is totally okay!
Other recipes you will love:
- Turtle cookie bars
- Chocolate chip coffee cookies
- Protein cookies
- Peanut butter cookies with almond flour
- Gluten free cookie dough
- No sugar banana bread
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don't forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your standing mixer add all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallows by hand.
- Using a cookie scoop, transfer the dough to the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes. They will still be a little undercooked when you remove them from the oven. Let them cool completely, then enjoy!
- This recipe yields 12 cookies.
- Let these cookies cool completely before eating them.
- To make these cookies gluten free use an all purpose gluten free flour.
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients used.