Do I have a treat for you guys today! Coconut Mint Fudge. This stuff is good. Like really good. Like eat an entire batch in one day good (but who would do that?).
But first, how was your week? Mine was good! I am on a sports medicine block right now which is really fun. I never got to rotate through sports medicine as a medical student so I had no idea what to expect, but I have really liked it. Brings me back to my former athlete and kinesiology days. In fact, the clinic where I am working is in the same building as the complex where I did my undergraduate degree and the pool where I spent thousands of hours swimming growing up. Talk about bringing me back to the good old days. I have been busy working on mastering my Lachmans and McMurray's special tests these last couple weeks and I am on a mission to get them down before I finish in one more week (if you have no idea what I'm talking about no need to worry... hopefully you won't ever need to know!).
I also submitted my Nature Review article over the weekend! Yay! That thing has been quite the labour of love (or some might say hate) over the last 9 months. Fingers crossed that there won't be any more revisions this time! I have been working on this thing for a ridiculous amount of time. At least it feels that way to me. Residency is just so fun sometimes....
Let's talk food. Like this Coconut Mint Fudge. Don't ask me how I thought of this one, but I am definitely glad I did. Erik and I have been inhaling these. Seriously, the first batch didn't last more than a day. So I was forced to make a second batch so I could take some photos. Yes forced. And while I called this one Coconut Mint Fudge, some have told me it tastes like white chocolate and mint. Either way they taste delicious. Plus they fit with the paleo, vegan, GAPS and SCD diets, so they should be safe for almost everyone to eat. Another bonus? These are super easy to make! Throw everything into your food processor for a few minutes, transfer it to a pan and let it sit int the freezer for a few hours. Yep that's it. That simple. The worst part is having to wait for it to set in the freezer. Because some of us are just not that patient. But these are worth the wait trust me. If you make them I would love to hear what you think.
As always I would love it if you followed me on my social media pages on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.
Until next time, happy eating friends!
Coconut Mint Fudge
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews preferably soaked and dehydrated first
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup melted coconut butter you can also use coconut manna
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey ideally locally produced
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
- Place all the ingredients in your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Line an 8"x 8" pan with parchment paper (you can use a glass or metal pan).
- Pour the ingredients from your food processor onto the parchment paper.
- Spread evenly with a spoon or knife.
- Place the pan in the freezer for ~2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and let thaw for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut the fudge into desired sized pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!
This looks fantastic. I bet there are all kinds of fun flavor directions this could go in!