You are going to love this healthy chocolate sauce recipe! It's so easy to make with just five ingredients and this sauce can be used in so many ways. Ready in just a few minutes this sauce is refined sugar free, dairy free and vegan.
Why you will love this recipe:
- The flavour! This is a rich and creamy chocolate sauce that tastes so good!
- It's really easy to make and only requires five ingredients to make it.
- It takes less than five minutes to make!
- This dairy free chocolate sauce is made with simple ingredients like coconut butter, coconut oil, honey and cocoa powder.
- This chocolate sauce is also vegan and plant based.
- It's nut free.
- It's made without butter.
- This chocolate sauce can be used in place of chocolate syrup.
- This homemade chocolate sauce can be used for pancakes, dipping fruit, waffles, for milk, for coffee or even for eating right off the spoon!
- You can use this chocolate sauce to top cakes and cupcakes.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Coconut butter or coconut manna - either of these can be used to create this chocolate sauce. Coconut butter makes for such a rich and creamy chocolate sauce, while keeping it dairy free and nut free.
- Honey or maple syrup - either of these natural sweeteners can be used to make this chocolate sauce. If you are vegan be sure to use maple syrup.
- Cocoa powder - This is what makes the perfect dark and rich chocolate sauce. You can also use cacao powder for this recipe.
How to make this recipe:
First, place a pot on the stove on low heat.
Next, add all of the ingredients to the pot.
Stir the ingredients well until they are melted together (about 5 minutes).
Now serve and enjoy!
Tips and variations:
- You can use coconut butter, coconut manna or coconut cream concentrate to make this chocolate sauce.
- This sauce will harden when stored in the fridge so simply heat it before using again.
- Feel free to double or triple this recipe.
How to use:
You can use this chocolate sauce for so many things including for topping pancakes, for topping crepes, or topping ice cream, for making chocolate milk, for topping cakes and cupcakes, for stirring into coffee or hot chocolate, for dipping fruit or dried fruit, or even to eat right from the spoon.
How to store:
Store this sauce in the fridge in an airtight container or jar.
Frequently asked questions:
The healthiest chocolate syrup is usually one that you make yourself. This way you can keep it refined sugar free, and free from artificial sweeteners and preservatives.
Chocolate sauce and chocolate syrup are generally quite similar. Chocolate syrup is often a little thinner or runnier than chocolate sauce which is usually a little thicker.
Yes it is. As long as you use maple syrup to sweeten it.
Other recipes you will love:
- Chocolate raspberry cups
- Chocolate avocado torte
- Orange chocolate fudge
- Chocolate avocado mousse
- Chocolate muffins
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Five Ingredient Healthy Chocolate Sauce
- Place a medium pot on the stove on low heat.
- Add all of the ingredients to the pot.
- Stir well until melted together (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!
- Using low heat is important for this one. If the coconut butter gets too hot it will form clumps.
- Store this sauce in the fridge for as long as you need (which won't be long I promise). It will become firm in the fridge so you will need to heat it again if you want to use it in the liquid form.