In this post we will review the best non toxic cleaning products. Products that not only work well, but are safe for your health, are eco friendly, and are safe for your pets. We will review everything from all purpose cleaners, to bathroom cleaners to laundry detergents and more!
Best Non Toxic Cleaning Products
Cleaning. Something that we all have to do, and something that’s important to keep our homes and surroundings looking their best, but it’s also important that we are choosing the right type of cleaning products. Many cleaning products on the market can be harmful to our health, and harmful to the environment, so it’s important to choose brands that are both safe for health, and good for Mother Nature. Fortunately, more and more brands are starting to use ingredients that are naturally derived, nontoxic, biodegradable, and made using sustainable production and manufacturing processes so it’s getting easier and easier to find great non toxic cleaning products that not only work well, but are also safe for us, our pets, and the environment. In this review I will share the best non toxic cleaning products.
The Best Non Toxic All Purpose Cleaners
These are my favourite non toxic all purpose household cleaners. They all work really well, are free from harsh chemicals, are made with eco friendly ingredients and ingredients that are safe for health. Some are scented with essential oils and most also come in fragrance free options.
- Aspen Clean Natural All Purpose Cleaner
- Aunt Fannie’s All Purpose Cleaner
- Seventh Generation All Purpose Cleaner
- Truce All Purpose Cleaner
- Better Life All Purpose Cleaner
- Dr. Bronner Sal Suds Biodegradable Cleaner
- Branch Basics All Purpose Cleaner
- Force of Nature All Purpose Cleaner
The Best Non Toxic Laundry Detergents
Effective, non toxic laundry detergents can be really hard to find. I tried so many brands before I founds ones that both work well and are safe for both our health and the environment. It’s important to use non-toxic laundry detergents because you wash your clothes in them, and your clothes touch your skin all day. The same goes for your towels, sheets, pillowcases and more. So if there are harmful or irritating ingredients in your laundry detergent, those ingredients can get absorbed into your skin, and thus into your bloodstream causing various internal organ health effects. All of these laundry detergents and stain removers are free from hash chemicals, are great for removing stains and odors from your clothes and depending on your preference you can choose fragrance free options or scented options.
- Nature Clean Laundry Detergent Strips – these not only work really well but are great for the environment since they don’t use any plastic containers!
- Attitude Liquid Laundry Detergent – if you like liquid laundry detergents this is a great safe option that works really well.
- Country Save Powdered Laundry Detergent – this is a great alternative to powdered Tide!
- Nature Clean Laundry Powder, Unscented – another great alternative to powdered Tide.
- Nellie’s All Natural Powdered Laundry Detergent
- Biokleen Stain Remover
- Better Life Stain and Odor Remover
- Branch Basics Stain Remover
The Best Non Toxic Kitchen Cleaners
We spend a lot of time in our kitchens, and our food comes into contact with our counter tops, cutting boards, pots and pans, utensils and more so it’s very important that we are using non toxic ingredients in our kitchen cleaners. I’ve included as many kitchen cleaners as I could. I have tried a number of brands that didn’t work well so these are the best ones I could find. Here you’ll find cleaners made with plant based ingredients, essential oils, and other non-toxic options.
- Aspen Clean Kitchen Cleaner
- Seventh Generation Kitchen Cleaner
- Better Life Kitchen and Bath Scrubber
- Fit Organic Cleaner and Degreaser
The Best Non Toxic Dish Soaps and Dishwasher Detergents
Besides our kitchen surfaces, we also need to focus on the ingredients in our dish soaps and dishwasher detergents. Since our food comes into contact with our dishes and cutlery we need to make sure we are using non toxic ingredients in these cleaning products as well. Here I will share my favorite non toxic dish soaps and favourite non toxic dishwasher detergents that will work on everything from ceramic dishes to your silverware to your stainless steel pots and pans.
- Aspen Clean Dishwasher Packs
- Aunt Fannies Dish Soap
- 9 Elements Dish Washing Liquid
- Attitude Dish Soap
- Common Good Dish Soap
- Nature Clean Dish Soap
- Nature Clean Dishwasher Packs
- Seventh Generation Dishwasher Detergent, Free and Clear
- The Honest Company Dish Soap
The Best Non Toxic Bathroom Cleaners
While we aren’t ingesting things that are touching the surfaces in our bathroom, we are physically touching these surfaces, so it’s important that we use safe products in our bathroom as well. Here I will share my favourite non toxic bathroom cleansers as well as toilet cleaners.
- Aspen Clean Bathroom Cleaner
- Aunt Fannie’s Bathroom Cleaner
- 9 Elements Bathroom Cleaner
- CLR Calcium, Lime and Rust Remover
- Seventh Generation Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Seventh Generation Bathroom Cleaner
Best Non Toxic Glass Cleaners
I must admit that I don’t clean our windows all that often, but I do use glass cleaner frequently for our mirrors so finding a glass cleaner that is both effective and non toxic was important to me. Here are my favorite non toxic glass cleaners.
Best Non Toxic Floor Cleaners
It’s very important to me that our floor cleaners are non toxic since my dogs are always licking food from the floor. I want to make sure whatever they are licking and ingesting is safe for their health too! Here are my favorite non toxic floor cleaners and I’ve included options for both hard floors as well as carpets.
- Aspen Clean Floor Cleaner
- Aunt Fannie’s Floor Cleaner
- Fit Organic Pet Stain and Carpet Cleaner
- Simple Green Naturals Carpet Cleaner
Best Non Toxic Disinfectant Wipes
I try not to use these very often due to the increased waste they produce, but they do come in really handy for travelling, in the car and at work. Since these wipes contact your hands directly it is very important that they are made with safe, and healthy ingredients. My favorite non toxic disinfectant wipes include:
- Aunt Fannie’s Cleaning Wipes
- Babyganics All Purpose Wipes
- Greenshield Organic Biodegradable Wipes
- Seventh Generation Disinfectant Wipes
How to Switch to Non Toxic Cleaning Products
It is always my goal to help you live healthier. But I realize that overhauling your cleaning products can be daunting, and expensive. My biggest tip is to simply replace what you are using with non toxic options once your current products run out. Or if you want to start switching out what you are using right away, I would prioritize the cleaners that you use the most, or any products that come into contact with your skin or your food. Cleaners like your laundry detergent, kitchen cleaner, dishwasher detergent, dish soap, all purpose cleaner and disinfecting wipes.
And if you are looking at other brands that I haven’t listed in the post, just be aware that there are many brands that claim to offer a “green clean” or be “all natural” but are actually not.
Unfortunately there is a lot of green washing in the industry, and due to the lack of labelling regulations brands can advertise themselves as green, non toxic, natural or organic, even if those things aren’t true. So always be sure to read labels carefully. One of the easiest ways to tell if something is safe for your health or not is by looking for the terms “fragrance” or “parfum” on the ingredient list. If you see either of those terms, steer clear of that product.
I hope you found this helpful! Of course I haven’t tried every brand of non toxic cleaners on the market, so if there are others that you love please share them in the comments. And if you have any questions please leave a comment! And if you found this post helpful I’ve got some other health information below I’m sure you will want to read!
Other posts you will like:
- The best non-toxic cookware
- Are candles toxic?
- How to choose non-toxic sunscreen
- Is there mercury in your mascara?
- Free Healthy Living 101 Guide
- Is retinol harmful?
Pin this post for later: