Beef Curry Stew
A rich and flavourful beef curry stew that's healthy and easy to make. With tender potatoes, carrots, and beef, this stew is the perfect slow cooker or Crockpot meal.
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil (or other cooking fat of choice)
- 2-3 lbs grassfed beef stew meat
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 can diced or chopped tomatoes
- 20 small white potatoes, cut into quarters (sub sweet potatoe for paleo)
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon dried lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 bay leaves
- 3 cups frozen peas (omit for paleo and Whole30)
Place a large pan on the stove and add the cocount oil. Turn on the heat to medium and allow the oil to melt.
Add the stew beef to the pan and cook for ~ 10 minutes, turning it every few minutes until it is browned on all sides.
While the beef is cooking chop your vegetables and put them in your slow cooker when they are ready.
Once the beef is cooked add it, along with any remaining ingredients (except the frozen peas) to your slow cooker.
Stir all the ingredinets together and turn the heat on to low, and cook for 8 hours.
Just before the 8 hours is up, stir in the frozen peas.
Serve and enjoy!
- Feel free to add more or different vegetables to this stew including celery or cauliflower.
- Note that if you are following the paleo diet, white potatoes are technically not allowed, so use sweet potatoes instead (white potatoes are allowed on Whole30).
- Instead of green onion feel free to use a medium white or yellow onion.
- Note that peas are not allowed on the paleo, GAPS, SCD or Whole30 diets so if you are following them leave the peas out. Feel free to add another vegetable such as chopped celery instead.
Calories: 715kcal | Carbohydrates: 90g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 426mg | Potassium: 2649mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 8588IU | Vitamin C: 111mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 9mg