Blackened cod is such an easy, delicious meal. Ready in under 10 minutes you will have a delicious fish recipe on the table in no time!
- 2 6 oz pieces of fresh cod (equivalent to 170 grams)
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil (olive oil or avocado oil)
Blackened Seasoning Instructions
Mix together the smoked paprika, dried oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, coconut sugar, cayenne, and dried basil to create the blackened seasoning. Store any unused seasoning in an airtight jar.
Wash and dry each cod filet with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
Brush each side of the cod fillets with a little of the cooking oil.
Evenly coat each side of the cod fillets with the blackened seasoning.
Place a medium pan or cast iron skillet on the stove on medium heat and add the remaining cooking oil to the pan.
Once the pan is hot, add the seasoned cod fillets and cook for ~3-4 minutes per side, until the fish is cooked through.
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients used.
- Feel free to vary the spices in the blackened seasoning depending on your taste preference.
- Store any leftover cooked cod in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Calories: 972kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 161g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 387mg | Sodium: 1666mg | Potassium: 3873mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2340IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 5mg