Healthy Meat Sauce
You will love this healthy meat sauce! It has the best flavour and is really easy to make. Perfect for meal prep this is a meal your whole family will love.
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (or other cooking oil of choice)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 jars tomato sauce (total of ~2100 mL)
- 1 can tomato paste (156 mL)
- 1 can black olives (juice included)
- 1 can green olives (juice included)
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoon dried basil (more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoon sea salt (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (more or less to taste)
- 4 sweet bell peppers, chopped
Place a large pot on the stove on medium heat. Add the coconut oil and allow it to melt. Then add the ground beef and cook it for 5-10 minutes until browned, stirring frequently to break it apart.
Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, olives, spices and chopped bell peppers to the meat. Stir well until everything is combined.
Turn down the heat, cover the pot with the lid and allow it to simmer for 50-60 minutes, until the vegetables are the consistency you like. Stir the sauce infrequently while simmering.
- Store this sauce in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
- Instead of ground beef feel free to use another ground meat such as ground turkey or ground pork.
- You can add other vegetables to this recipe such as carrots, peas or zucchini.
Calories: 501kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 2348mg | Potassium: 733mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2601IU | Vitamin C: 81mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 5mg