Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
This vegan butternut squash soup is full of flavour, easy to make, and the perfect comfort food. It's also paleo and Whole30!
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Cook Time30 minutes mins
Total Time35 minutes mins
Course: Side Dish, Soup, Vegetables
Diet: Diabetic, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 apple, chopped (use a sweet red apple such as gala or honeycrisp)
- 1 pear, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 bay leaves
Place all the ingredients in a large pot on the stove.
Turn the heat onto medium and bring everything to a boil.
Turn down the heat and simmer for ~30 minutes, until all the ingredients are tender.
Let the soup cool for a few minutes, remove the bay leaves, and then use an immersion blender and blend the soup until it's smooth.
Serve and enjoy!
- Instead of using one pear and one apple, you could use two pears or two apples depending on what you have on hand.
- If you like a thinner soup feel free to add 1-2 more cups of broth or water.
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients used.
- Store any leftover soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 922mg | Potassium: 724mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 20948IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 3mg