Whole30 Stuffed Peppers
Packed with flavour and easy to make these Whole30 stuffed peppers make the perfect healthy weeknight meal.
- 8 bell peppers
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes (total of 796 mL)
- 1 package frozen cauliflower rice (340 grams)
- 2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt plus a little more for seasoning the peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper plus a little more for seasoning the peppers
Preheat your oven to 400F. Cut the tops off of the peppers and scoop out the seeds and membranes. Place the peppers cut side down in a baking dish with 1/2 inch of water. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
While the peppers are baking, place a large pan on the stove on medium heat. Add the coconut oil and allow it to melt. Once melted add the chopped onion and cook until translucent.
Add the ground beef to the pan and cook until browned.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook together for 5-10 minutes, stirring regularly to break apart the cauliflower rice until it is mixed in.
Once the peppers have finished baking, remove the peppers and dump out any remaining water in the pan and the peppers. Fill each pepper with the filling and place them back into the casserole dish (cut side up). Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake uncovered for another 10-15 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
- Feel free to top these peppers with whatever you like. Great options include fresh salsa, cilantro, avocado, or guacamole.
- Store these in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 519mg | Potassium: 885mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3875IU | Vitamin C: 163mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 5mg