No Bean Chili with Blueberries
You are going to love this no bean chili with blueberries! It has such an incredible flavour and is healthy, complete meal.
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time35 minutes mins
Total Time45 minutes mins
Course: Main Course
Diet: Diabetic, Gluten Free, Low Lactose
- 2 tablespoon cooking fat of choice (coconut oil, ghee, bacon fat are all great options)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 cans chopped or diced tomatoes (approximately 1592 mL)
- 2 cups broth (you can use vegetable broth, chicken broth or beef broth)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 5 celery stalks, chopped
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 sweet bell peppers, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon organic cacao powder (omit for SCD)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (use pure chili powder, not a mixed spice chili powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Cook the ground beef by placing a large pot on the stove on medium heat and adding 2 tablespoon of cooking fat. Allow the fat to melt and then add the beef to the pot. Cook the beef until it is browned and no longer pink, stirring frequently to break the meat apart.
Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and stir everything well to combine.
Place the lid on the pot and turn down the heat. Allow the chili to simmer for about 30 minutes, until the vegetables have the consistency you desire.
Serve and enjoy!
- If you find this a little spicy simply add 1/4 - 1/2 cup of full fat coconut milk (as needed based on your tolerance).
- Optional topping ideas: Chopped avocado and cilantro.
- Store this chili in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Calories: 544kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 16092mg | Potassium: 1331mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 8267IU | Vitamin C: 84mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 6mg