Carrot and Turnip Soup
This rich and creamy carrot and turnip soup is full of vegetables and packed with flavour. It's so easy to make and is the perfect meal prep option.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and diced
- 2 red apples, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion or sub 1/2 large white onion
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Place a large soup pot on the stove on medium-high heat.
Add all the ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and cover the pot. Let the soup simmer for 35-40 minutes (until the vegetables are tender).
Using your immersion blender, blend until the ingredients are smooth.
Serve and enjoy!
- Store this soup in the fridge for up to one week.
- This soup freezes really well.
- You can use any type of red apple that you like to make this soup.
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 473mg | Potassium: 634mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 19015IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 2mg