This is the best Denver steak recipe! It turns out so juicy and tender and is so easy to make in just a few minutes.
- 4 lbs Denver steak
- 5 tablespoon butter (or other cooking oil)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 cup olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Remove the steaks from the fridge and allow your steaks to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes prior to cooking. This helps the meat cook more evenly.
Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter, and coat both sides of your steaks with it. Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper (plus any other seasonings you prefer).
Add the remaining butter to a cast iron skillet or pan and heat to medium-high. You want your pan to be hot, and the butter to be melted, before adding the steak.
Place the steak in the hot pan and decrease the heat to medium. Do not move the steak until it has had time to caramelize. Cook the steak for approximately 2 minutes per side, or until the steak reaches your desired doneness. See notes for cooking temperatures.
Remove the steak from pan and place it on a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Place a piece of foil lightly over the top to retain the heat while resting.
While the steak is resting, place all the ingredients for the chimichurri into your food processor and blend well until you have a smooth sauce.
When you are ready to serve the steak, top each piece of cooked steak with as much chimichurri as you prefer.
- Nutritional values are an estimate and do include the chimichurri sauce in the calculations. The values will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and your serving size.
- You can season your steak with whatever spices you prefer.
- Be sure to let your steak rest for a few minutes after cooking it to help it become even more juicy and tender.
- Store any leftover steak in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Calories: 1137kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 101g | Fat: 76g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 48g | Cholesterol: 279mg | Sodium: 351mg | Potassium: 1709mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1352IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 9mg