This is the best vegan popcorn! It's buttery and cheesy yet is dairy free and gluten free. Ready in just a few minutes you will love how easy it is to make.
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil (or other cooking oil of choice)
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 4-6 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
- 3 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
Add the coconut oil to a large pot on medium high heat.
Once the oil is melted, add 4-5 popcorn kernels to the pot and cover it with the lid. Once the kernels pop, remove them from the pot and add in the remaining popcorn kernels.
Cover the pot with the lid and continue to cook the remaining popcorn, shaking the pot frequently to allow the kernels to pop evenly.
When the popping dies down, remove the pot from the heat and transfer the popcorn to a large bowl.
Add all the remaining ingredients, and toss the popcorn well to coat the popcorn evenly. Then enjoy!
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients used and the serving size.
- Feel free to add other spices to the popcorn such as seasoning salt, onion powder, truffle salt, garlic powder etc.
- The popcorn kernels will only take 1-2 minutes to fully pop when you are cooking them so be sure to watch the pot closely so you don't overcook or burn the popcorn.
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 256mg | Potassium: 114mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg