Tuna Fried Rice
You will love this easy tuna fried rice recipe. It's full of flavour and made with canned tuna, egg and veggies. Plus it only takes 15 minutes to cook!
- 2 cups white rice (basmati or jasmine work best)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chopped vegetables (choose any vegetables that you like)
- 1 can tuna
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
Cook the rice according to the package instructions and set it aside.
While the rice is cooking, make the sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients in a bowl, jar or measuring cup.
Heat the coconut oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium heat. Once the oil is melted, add the eggs and chopped green onion to the pan and cook them, stirring gently, until the eggs are slightly undercooked (or cooked to your preference).
Add the chopped vegetables to the pan and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
Add the drained tuna and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
Add the cooked rice and sauce to the pan. Stir everything to combine and let it cook for 1-2 minutes, until heated through.
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients used.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Calories: 575kcal | Carbohydrates: 97g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 1283mg | Potassium: 488mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4979IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 3mg