Bacon aioli is such a rich and creamy dip or sauce that is so easy to make and pairs well with so many dishes.
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Cook Time5 minutes mins
Total Time10 minutes mins
Course: Appetizer, condiment, dips, sauces
Cuisine: American, British
Diet: Diabetic, Gluten Free, Low Lactose
- 4 strips bacon
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon maple syrup (if you prefer a sweeter aioli)
Cook the bacon as per the instructions on the package and set aside to let it cool and crisp up.
While the bacon is cooking, place the other ingredients in the cup for your immersion blender and blend well until thick and smooth.
Cut or rip the bacon into small pieces and stir it into the aioli and then place the aioli in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool.
- If you like a thicker aioli: omit one tablespoon of lemon juice
- If you want more of a lemon flavour add a tablespoon of lemon zest
- If you don't like garlic, omit it from the recipe
- If you like more garlic, add an extra clove
- This aioli stores well in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 5 days
Calories: 37kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 202mg | Potassium: 8mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg