Did everyone have a good Christmas??
I hope so! I can't believe it is over already. That makes me rather sad I have to say. It goes by too fast every year!
Alright enough of my plug for preventative medicine. On to more exciting things. Like food! Have you been eating some amazing things over the holidays? I sure hope so!
I have yet another dessert recipe for you today. I swear I have been eating things other than just sweets! They just aren't nearly as exciting to post. So hopefully you don't mind.
I actually like these better when they are cold. The fudgy centre just tastes better that way somehow. Let me know if you agree!
- In your food processor grind the cashews and coconut butter until smooth.
- Place a medium sized sauce pan on medium heat on the stove.
- Add your cashew-coconut mixture, honey and vanilla to pot and stir well.
- Once your mix has been heating for a couple minutes add the cocoa powder and stir well until all the cocoa powder chunks have dissolved.
- Add the sea salt and stir well.
- Remove your saucepan from the heat.
- Turn your oven on to 300F.
- Add the shredded coconut to your pot and stir until ingredients are combined.
- Let the ingredients in your pot cool for 5-10 minutes (it is easier to form the balls if the mixture is cool).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Create 1 inch balls with your dough and place on lined cookie sheet (** HINT: these are very crumbly so wet your hands every couple of balls and they will stick better. Use the palm of your hands and press firmly to make the balls).
- Cook the macaroons for 10-11 minutes (you don't want to overcook these or the bottoms will burn and turn dry).