Paleo Chocolate Raspberry Zucchini bread? It is pretty delicious if I do say so myself! And an easy way to sneak some vegetables into your little ones and other family members if that's an issue in your house.
This recipe is really easy to make which of course I love. And the flavours of the zucchini and baby tomatoes complement each other so well that I kept the rest of the dish pretty simple. But of course you get some healthy fats with the grassfed butter or ghee, and hints of parsley and garlic to pull it all together. Yummy. I love adding shredded chicken or baked salmon to these noodles to make a complete meal. It's still pretty hot here in Calgary so the less cooking time the better and this one only needs 5-10 minutes of cooking. Your sweltering kitchen will thank me.
In other news, can you believe that Robin Williams died? I for one was shocked when I heard this. It makes me so sad that someone so talented was obviously suffering so greatly. He had an amazing gift and will be missed by many. Does it not seem that too many young and talented artists are dying tragic deaths these days? Amy Winehouse, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Michael Jackson… the list goes on and on. It's very sad my friends. Very sad. And maybe it's not just lately, I guess I am just at the age now where I appreciate these things more. Man that makes me sound old.
Ok enough depressing talk for one day. You know what are never depressing? Puppies! I want one so badly! I keep seeing so many out on my walks and they make me so jealous! We just had new neighbours move in next door and they have a one year old goldendoodle who I more than eagerly offered to dog sit if they ever need. My fingers are crossed! Man those dogs are cute. Maybe I should add that to my list of activities: MD, blogger, professional dog sitter. Hmm….
Alright team enough babble for one blog post. I hope you like the recipe! And don't forget to follow me on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook!
Simple Summer Zucchini and Tomato “Pasta”
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoon grass-fed butter or ghee substitute coconut oil for dairy free
- sea salt
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese Optional: for primal, not paleo diets
- 1 cup chopped baby tomatoes
- Make your zucchinis into noodles with a spiralizer or julienne peeler
- Place a large frying pan on the stove on medium heat
- Add the butter, parsley and garlic to the pan and sautee for a few minutes
- Add the zucchini noodles to the pan and sautee for another 5 or so minutes until the noodles are the texture you desire
- Add salt and pepper and mix well
- Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese (if using) and chopped baby tomatoes. Toss to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply