Well friends we have officially entered the deep freeze. I don't even really want to talk about it. Ideally I would just like to hibernate inside next to the fire with some tea and a good book. Is anyone else with me? Unfortunately life still carries on despite the ridiculous weather. Oh life. But in happier news I booked my flights to Florida. In 27 days I will be boarding a plane to spend two weeks on the beach. I can't wait!! Florida is definitely my happy place. I have been going there since I was 2 months old so it really is my second home. There is nothing like the beach and some sunshine to make you feel good about life again.
The recipe I have for you today makes a great healthy snack. And it's super easy! I know I have raved about the versatility of cauliflower before but I am going to do it once again. You can turn this great vegetable into almost anything! It's pretty amazing.
I am keeping it short and sweet today because I have to run. But as always I would love it if you stopped by my other social media pages:
Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook!
Happy eating everyone!
Roasted Cauliflower Popcorn
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon grass-fed butter or ghee
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut your cauliflower into small florets
- Place florets in a bowl
- Melt coconut oil and butter in a microwave proof dish in the microwave
- Poor melted oil over cauliflower florets
- Season with sea salt or other optional toppings (** Except for cheese - add this at the end if using) and mix well
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread seasoned cauliflower florets over baking sheet
- Cook for 40-50 minutes stirring every 15 minutes or so to ensure cauliflower cooks evenly. You know it's done when cauliflower is golden brown all over
- Serve and enjoy!
There you have it everyone. An easy, healthy and delicious snack! I hope everyone has had a good weekend. Stay warm friends! And as always feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.
Thanks for the post, I love roast cauliflower and will have to try doing it this way. Who ever thought cauliflower could be so moreish?
Thanks Lori! Cauliflower is definitely an underrated vegetable if you ask me 🙂