These paleo peppermint brownies are so delicious! Moist and fudgy on the inside and firm on the outside these are the best mint brownies. Made with almond flour and coconut flour they are gluten free and dairy free!
Paleo Peppermint Brownies
Why these Paleo Peppermint Brownies are so good:
- They taste incredible! They are so fudgy and moist on the inside, yet perfectly firm on the outside they have the perfect brownie texture
- They are so chocolatey and the addition of mint takes them over the top, giving them such a unique flavour
- They are gluten free, dairy free and even paleo.
- They are really easy to make and the clean up is so simple
- They are made without chocolate chips and use coconut sugar instead of refined sugars.
What you will need to make these Paleo Peppermint Brownies:
- Almond flour – this is the brand I use
- Coconut flour – this is the kind I use
- Cacao powder
- Coconut sugar
- Dairy free mint chocolate bars – I use either Hu Kitchen or Zazubean mint chocolate bars
- Coconut oil – this is my favourite brand
- Baking soda
- Sea salt
- A standing mixer – this is the one that I use and love
- An 8 x 8 inch glass baking dish
How to make these brownies:
You will love how easy these brownies are to make!
- Preheat your oven to 325F
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of your standing mixer
- Melt the chocolate bars by placing them in a microwave safe dish and heating on high for 20-30 second intervals until they are melted
- Add the melted chocolate and other wet ingredients to the bowl of your standing mixer
- Blend well, on a low setting, until smooth
- Line an 8 x 8 inch glass baking dish with parchment paper and transfer the dough to the baking dish
- Spread the dough evenly until smooth (tip: wet your spoon frequently to make this easier)
- Bake the brownies for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean
Tips for making these paleo peppermint brownies:
- Make sure you wet your spoon frequently when spreading the batter. It is very thick and sticky and will be hard to spread otherwise.
- I used Hu Chocolate Crunchy Mint Chocolate Bars to make these brownies. This is the only mint chocolate bar I have found that is sweetened with coconut sugar. But feel free to use any other mint chocolate bar (just be sure it is dairy free to keep this recipe paleo).
- These brownies store really well in the fridge and will stay fresh for up to a week.
Frequently asked questions:
Are these mint brownies vegan?
No they are not. They have eggs in them which are not permitted on a vegan diet. I have not tried making these with an egg replacement so if you do please let me know how they turn out.
What can I use instead of almond flour?
I have not tested this recipe with any other flours but I would suggest cashew flour if you want to try it yourself.
Other recipes you will love:
- Dairy Free Brownies with Caramel
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Chocolate Orange Fudge
- Chocolate Avocado Torte
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Paleo Peppermint Brownies (gluten free, dairy free)
These paleo peppermint brownies are so delicous! Moist on the inside and firm on the outside these may be the best mint brownies ever!
- 1 peppermint chocolate bar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut milk (or other dairy free milk of choice)
Optional Toppings Ideas
- 3-4 tbsp melted coconut manna
- 2 crushed candy canes
Preheat your oven to 325F
Add all the dry ingredients to the bowl of your standing mixer
Melt the chocolate bars by placing them into a microwave safe dish and heating on high for 30 second intervals until melted
Add the melted chocolate bars along with the other wet ingredients to your standing mixer and blend on low until smooth
Line an 8" x 8" glass baking dish with parchment paper
Transfer the dough to the baking dish and spead evenly until smooth. Tip: The dough is very wet and sticky so I find that wetting your spoon repeatedly helps spread the dough more easily
Place the dish in the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean
Then make the icing
Place the chocolate bar in a microwave safe bowl and melt on high heat in 30 second intervals until melted
Stir the coconut oil and coconut milk into the melted chocolate, until the mix starts to thicken
Spread the icing over the brownies and place the brownies in the fridge for 1-2 hours, until cooled
- These brownies store well in the fridge for up to 1 week
Pin this recipe for later: