Hi everyone! How has your long weekend been? Have you done anything exciting? I sure hope so! I know a lot of people camp on the May long weekend. I have to say that I don't really understand the appeal of camping anymore. Now don't me wrong, back in the day when I was young and exciting I used to really love camping. Now I just think of the cold, mud, gross bathrooms, uncomfortable bed and less than ideal food and I cringe inside. Is anyone else with me? I sound like such an old woman I know.
My weekend was pretty uneventful I have to say (that's what working does to a long weekend). Although I did go look at a house on Saturday. Man houses are expensive here in Calgary. Yikes! It was nice though. Very nice. Sigh. Somedays I dream about what winning the lottery might be like… never having to think about the cost of things like houses… Yes a girl can dream. This dream won't ever become a reality since I never actually buy lottery tickets. Ok that's a lie. I have bought one once… and clearly I didn't win. What a waste of five dollars if you ask me. Do any of you buy lottery tickets? What would you do if you won?
I have another "oatmeal" recipe for you today. Yes I am on a roll with these lately! This one tastes similar to the banana bread I grew up eating. But is (of course) grain and refined sugar free. I hope you like it! If you missed my original paleo oatmeal recipe you can see it here. It has become one of the most popular recipes on the blog so I feel good saying that I think you will like it!
Paleo Spiced Banana Bread "Oatmeal"
- Break the bananas up into pieces and place them in a medium pot on low heat on the stove.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the shredded coconut to the pot.
- Allow the ingredients to come to a low boil and cook for about 10-12 minutes, stirring intermittently, until the bananas are broken up.
- Add the shredded coconut and stir well to combine.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and cover with the lid and allow the "oatmeal" to sit for 5-10 minutes to soften the shredded coconut.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can top this with berries, coconut flakes, nut butter or nuts.
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients used.