Hey everyone. How is your week going? Are you ready for a new recipe? I sure hope so. And guess what? This one is super simple. Even if you are new to cooking and the idea of paleo recipes is completely foreign you will be able to handle this one I promise. Yes promise. These Paleo Plantain Crisps are so easy and so delicious, I bet you won’t be able to eat just one.
I am obsessed with this snack right now. These are so good! I was hesitant to try plantains for a long time because they are not permitted on the SCD diet. But as you know I have been slowly adding things back into my diet, and so far so good! Although I do seem to tolerate green plantains much better than the yellow ones. I think it has to do with the starch content, as the sweeter yellow plantains must be higher in starch. That’s my theory anyways… Plus I like the crunchiness that you get with the green ones better. Something about that crisp texture. Am I right?
These are super easy and are ready in minutes which is always a bonus! Erik also agrees that these are delicious. Again, it’s hard to really call this one a recipe since they are so easy and only use three (yes three) ingredients. But they are so tasty I just had to post them! Enjoy!
Paleo Plantain Crisps
- Place a large frying pan on the stove on medium heat and add the coconut oil
- Open your plantains (the easiest way I have found to do this is to cut off both ends, slice the skin lengthwise down the plantain and then peel away the skin)
- Cut the plantains into thin slices (3-4mm)
- Place the plantain slices into the pan, making sure they don't overlap (they won't cook properly if they do)
- Cook for a few minutes (usually about 4-5) on one side (until golden brown) and then flip and cook for a few more minutes (again until golden brown)
- Before removing from the heat sprinkle with sea salt to taste
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool for a few minutes, serve and enjoy!