I decided to make a paleo oatmeal version with blueberries. Because who doesn't love blueberries? They are one of my favourite fruits. Plus they are filled with antioxidants and vitamins and have many health benefits. Everything from better memory and eyesight to positive cardiovascular effects.
Plus they taste delicious. Which is obviously the most important thing about them.
And the combination of bananas and coconut in this grain free oatmeal really pairs well with the blueberries. In my humble opinion. Plus there is some grass fed gelatin thrown in there for a little protein. And we all know that gelatin is a superfood right? (If not you should read this post to find out why). If you aren't eating this stuff regularly I highly recommend that you do! Your body will thank you.
Happy eating everyone!
Coconut Blueberry Paleo Oatmeal
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 ripe bananas, broken into pieces medium-large size
- 1/4 cup coconut butter or coconut manna
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract omit for AIP and Whole 30
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon collagen
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups finely shredded coconut depends how thick you like your oatmeal
- Place a medium pot on the stove on medium heat.
- Add the coconut milk, bananas, coconut butter, vanilla extract and sea salt to the pot and bring the ingredients to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for ~10 minutes, stirring every couple minutes to break up the banana pieces.
- Add the collagen and stir well to dissolve.
- Add the blueberries and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the shredded coconut until it reaches your desired thickness.
- Let sit for approximately 5 minutes to allow the coconut to soften.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store this oatmeal in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 7 days.
- Feel free to double or triple this recipe if you are serving a crowd.
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.