Paleo Berry Coconut Waffles are the perfect grain free breakfast. Made without any dairy these waffles still taste amazing! Made with coconut flour, blueberries, and raspberries they have a perfectly sweet flavour.
Yes these waffles are blue. It's because they have berries in them! So don't let the unusual colour scare you. Because they taste delicious I promise. Plus I bet your kids will love eating blue waffles. Anything to make meal time fun right? And even if you don't have any kids running around at home (like in my case) there is nothing like your family members seeing a blue waffle thrown on their plate to start up a conversation.
These waffles taste so good and are mainly sweetened with fruit and coconut milk so they really are pretty darn healthy. They also have some other really beneficial ingredients like coconut flour, coconut oil, pasture raised eggs and local honey. Yes, tasty and healthy all in one! I topped mine with some maple syrup but I have also added coconut whipped cream since these photos were taken and if you ask me that tastes even better. I also threw some cacao nibs on mine for a little extra crunch, because I personally love it when food has a crunchy texture. It's just so much more satisfying! Right? Anyone else?
I hope you love them! Until next time, happy eating friends!
Paleo Berry Coconut Waffles
- Turn your waffle iron on.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the batter to the waffle iron (I added about 3-4 tablespoon per waffle).
- Cook until done (mine took 6-7 minutes - but different waffle irons may have different cooking times).
- Remove from the waffle iron and let the waffles cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Use room temperature eggs for best results.
- If you have leftover waffles store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.