Hi friends! How is your week going? I can't believe it is Thursday already! Time flies when you are busy working. And it's almost the long weekend! Do you have any fun plans? I will be working so nothing exciting planned for me… I will just have to live vicariously through all of you.
So the boyfriend and I finished Season 2 of House of Cards last week. So good! Do any of you watch it? If not you definitely should. I won't give any of it away here since that would just be evil. But it is good. Really good! But now we have a problem…. we have nothing to watch!
Do you have any recommendations? I am open to anything!
I have a delicious recipe for you today. This paleo version of Beef Stroganoff tastes so good that my mother did not realize this was not her normal recipe!
I know I am creating high expectations for this one. Hopefully you like it as much as we did!
I paired this with some cooked broccoli and cauliflower and it was delicious. It would also be great with cauliflower rice, sweet potato noodles or squash.
Paleo Beef Stroganoff
- 2 lbs top sirloin beef steak Cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoon butter or ghee Or, coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 cups chopped mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon organic dijon mustard
- 1 cup broth (chicken broth, beef broth, vegetable broth or bone broth)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- Turn electric frying pan onto 250F.
- Add butter, ground mustard, sea salt and beef to pan and brown beef by cooking for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Once beef is browned, add onions, garlic, mushrooms and dijon mustard and cook for a few minutes (until onions start to turn clear).
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for another 20-30 minutes until the sauce achieves the thickness you like.
Leave a Reply