This slow cooker beef and broccoli recipe is so easy to make and tastes amazing! You can make this healthy beef and broccoli in your slow cooker or Crockpot for the perfect weeknight meal. You will love that this recipe is also paleo and gluten free.
Why you will love this recipe:
- This Crockpot beef and broccoli is incredibly easy to make! Because you make it in the slow cooker or Crockpot there is hardly any hands on time.
- It tastes amazing! The sauce for this dish tastes so, so good!
- This healthy slow cooker beef and broccoli is also gluten free, dairy free and paleo.
- It's great for meal prep and freezes really well.
- The clean up is simple and easy.
- This is a great alternative to takeout beef and broccoli that will not only save you money but will be better for your health.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- Sirloin steak - I used sirloin steak to make this Asian beef and broccoli but you could swap the sirloin steak for other cuts of steak such as flank steak. If you can I recommend using pasture raised, grass fed beef if possible for the most health benefits as well as the ethical treatment of the animals.
- Broccoli - fresh broccoli adds both color, fiber, as well as healthy vitamins and minerals to this recipe.
- Coconut aminos - coconut aminos is my favorite alternative to soy sauce which gives the sauce on this beef and broccoli so much flavour while keeping it gluten free. You could easily swap this for soy sauce if you tolerate soy and gluten.
- Honey - this natural sweetener is used to sweeten the delicious beef and broccoli sauce while keeping it refined sugar free. You could also use maple syrup.
- Ginger - ground ginger helps add delicious flavour to the sauce and adds healthy anti-inflammatory properties to this recipe.
- Beef broth - to help add delicious flavour to this meal. You could easily swap this for vegetable broth, bone broth or chicken broth too.
How to make this recipe:
First you are going to place all the sauce ingredients into your slow cooker or Crockpot and whisk them together to combine.
Next you will add the chopped, grass fed sirloin steak and coat it with the sauce.
Then turn your slow cooker onto low heat and cook for 4 hours.
Next you will add the chopped broccoli to your slow cooker or Crock Pot and stir well to combine the ingredients together. Then cook for an additional 1-2 hours on low heat depending on how soft you like your broccoli. Then serve and enjoy.
Tips and variations:
- Feel free to add other vegetables to this recipe. I love adding chopped bell peppers.
- For a sweeter sauce add a bit more honey.
- To make a less sweet sauce, decrease the amount of honey.
- I recommend using fresh, not frozen broccoli for this recipe.
How to store:
Store any leftovers in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Frequently asked questions:
No it's not as it contains honey which is not allowed on the Whole30 diet.
Coconut aminos is a soy free soy sauce substitute. It tastes similar to soy sauce but is a little less salty and a little more sweet. Coconut aminos is made from coconut sap and is naturally gluten free and soy free.
Yes! It is safe to put raw beef in your slow cooker with vegetables. As long as you cook it long enough to ensure that the beef is fully cooked it is an easy way to cook beef.
You can make beef and broccoli with beef stew meat but note that the beef will likely be rather chewy. Instead, it's better to make beef and broccoli with certain cuts of steak including either flank steak or sirloin steak.
Other recipes you will love:
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork Ribs
- Instant pot Pad Thai
- Healthy meat sauce
- Gluten free meatloaf
- Tropical Slow Cooker Pork Roast
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- Add all the sauce ingredients into your slow cooker and whisk to combine.
- Add the beef and mix well.
- Turn the slow cooker onto low heat and cook for 4 hours.
- Add the brocolli and cook for an additional 1-2 hours (depending on how soft you like your broccoli).
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can also make this beef and broccoli in the Crockpot.
- You can use beef broth, chicken broth or one broth for this recipe.
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients used.