This is the best lemon blueberry cookies recipe! These cookies are easy to make with pantry staple ingredients including flour, butter, lemon juice, honey, and fresh blueberries. The citrus lemon flavour is perfectly contrasted by the sweet blueberries giving these cookies the perfect taste.
Why you will love this recipe:
- These cookies are so easy to make and take less than 15 minutes from start to finish.
- Move over Starbucks - this is the best lemon blueberry cookie recipe!
- The flavour combination of citrusy lemon and sweet blueberries combine perfectly to give these lemon and blueberry cookies the most incredible taste.
- They are soft, buttery, chewy and flaky - just how a cookie should be.
- These cookies are healthy compared to many other cookie recipes.
- This is a no chill cookie recipe that can easily be made gluten free and dairy free.
- They are made in one bowl so the clean up is simple and easy.
- If you love lemon flavoured desserts you will also love these lemon cranberry squares.
Taste and texture:
These cookies are soft, chewy and buttery. They remind me of a lemon blueberry sugar cookie. These cookies are very soft and fluffy and not at all crispy, hard or thin.
Key ingredients and substitutions:
- All purpose flour - All purpose flour is used as the base of these delicious cookies. For a gluten free version simply use a gluten free all purpose flour instead.
- Butter - butter helps make these cookies so soft and chewy. If you are dairy free use a vegan butter instead.
- Cane sugar - cane sugar is used as the granulated sugar in these cookies to help give them that perfect sweet flavour and soft, crumbly texture. I have not tested this recipe with any other granulated sugars so don't recommend trying any sugar replacements.
- Honey - a little honey is added to give these cookies a little more sweetness and give them the perfect soft texture. Honey is one of my favourite natural sweeteners that is full of vitamins and minerals.
- Lemon - both lemon zest and lemon juice are used to give these lemon cookies the perfect lemon flavour.
- Blueberries - fresh blueberries add a beautiful blue color and a nice burst of sweet blueberry flavour to these cookies. I recommend using fresh blueberries, not frozen blueberries for making these cookies.
- To make these into gluten free lemon blueberry cookies use an all purpose gluten free flour.
- To turn these into dairy free lemon blueberry cookies, use a vegan butter.
- Take these cookies to the next level by adding a lemon glaze.
How to make this recipe:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Next, in a bowl (you can use a standing mixer to do this or a spoon) combine all the ingredients, except for the blueberries, until you have a smooth dough.
Then gently stir in the fresh blueberries by hand (try not to break them).
Now, using a cookie scoop, transfer the dough to the baking sheets and then using a wet hand, press down each cookie until it's flat (they won't spread otherwise).
Lastly, bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes. Then let the cookies cool completely before enjoying.
- Let these cookie school completely before eating them - trust me, the wait is worth it!
- Be sure to use fresh blueberries, not frozen blueberries for making these lemon cookies.
- Use a room temperature egg for best results.
- Use melted butter, not cold butter.
- Make sure your blueberries are dry, not wet, when you add them to the dough.
How to store:
Store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to 7 days.
These cookies also freeze really well.
Frequently asked questions:
No this is not a vegan cookie recipe as it contains an egg. I have not tested these cookies with any egg replacements such as a chia egg or flax egg and am not sure if they would work out or not. If you do decide to try it please let me know how it goes.
No. This is a no chill cookie recipe which is one of the reasons they are so quick and easy to make.
No, for this cookie recipe you do not need to coat the blueberries in flour before adding them to the cookies.
Other recipes you will love:
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Lemon Blueberry Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl (you can use a standing mixer to do this or a spoon) combine all the ingredients, except for the blueberries until you have a smooth dough.
- Gently stir in the blueberries by hand (try not to break them).
- Using a cookie scoop, transfer the dough to the baking sheet and then using a wet hand, press down each cookie until it's flat (they won't spread otherwise).
- Bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes. Let them cool completely, then enjoy!
- This recipe yields 18 cookies.
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients used.
- Let the cookies cool completely before enjoying them.
- Use fresh, not frozen blueberries for making these cookies.