Now I am not normally a smoothie lover. Something about the lack of crunch that never leaves me quite as satisfied as real food. But, for the last few weeks smoothies have been making a regular appearance in my diet. Not sure why, but I’m just going with it. And this smoothie in particular I have made multiple times now, so I decided it was time to share it with you folks. And you should be happy to know that pretty much whatever healing diet you are on, this smoothie should fit within your limitations. Because it is SCD, GAPS, AIP and Paleo compatible. It’s not very often I can post a recipe that meets all of these needs. You’re welcome.
And this smoothie not only contains fruit (bananas and oranges) and vegetables (squash or sweet potato) but it also contains healing ingredients like coconut, cinnamon and turmeric.
Cinnamon is a powerful little spice that can help regulate blood sugar, has anti-inflammatory effects, anti-bacterial properties, can help with brain function and reduce your risk of colon cancer (reference). Pretty impressive for such a delicious little spice isn’t it?
And turmeric (or curcumin) is another spice powerhouse. It has very strong anti-inflammatory properties and anti-oxidant effects and is useful for treating a number of diseases including arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, cancer, heart disease and neurological diseases (reference).
Healing Orange Smoothie
This Healing Orange Smoothie is a delicious, refreshing drink that's packed with healthy ingredients. Drink it for breakfast or as a snack.
Place all the ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth.
Serve and enjoy!
- If you put this in the fridge for 30-60 minutes before enjoying this will make an even thicker smoothie.
- If you like a thinner smoothie add a bit of water.
- Feel free to double or triple this recipe if you are serving multiple people.
- Store this smoothie in the fridge overnight if you don't drink it all right away.
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.
- To make this vegan: omit the collagen peptides.