Making frozen egg rolls in an air fryer is the best and easiest way to cook egg rolls! Ready in under 20 minutes they turn out perfectly crisp on the outside yet nice and tender on the inside. There’s no need to deep fry your egg rolls ever again! Once you air fry frozen egg rolls you’ll never cook them any other way.
Frozen Egg Rolls in an Air Fryer
Why making frozen egg rolls in the air fryer is the best:
- This is the easiest way to make frozen egg rolls! There is no need for deep frying or worrying about making a mess of your kitchen with all that oil. This method is totally hands off!
- You don’t need to worry about thawing the egg rolls first or preheating your air fryer – you can cook the egg rolls right from frozen so it couldn’t be any easier!
- They turn out perfectly crispy on the outside yet soft and tender on the inside
- You can use this method to cook both frozen egg rolls and to reheat leftover egg rolls
- This method would also work for cooking frozen spring rolls in an air fryer
Air fryer frozen egg rolls ingredients and equipment:
You only need 2 things to cook these egg rolls!
- An air fryer – this is the one I use and love which is an over style air fryer
- Frozen egg rolls – any brand of egg rolls will work for this recipe. I’ve included directions for cooking 10 frozen egg rolls but you could easily cook more or less depending on your needs.
Tips for making air fry frozen egg rolls:
- Every model of air fryer is different, so you may have to adjust the cooking times slightly depending on the brand you are using
- Depending on the size of your egg rolls you may need to adjust the cooking times slightly – mini egg rolls will take less time to cook and full sized egg rolls will take longer
- Don’t overlap the egg rolls when cooking them or they won’t cook properly
- If you have a basket style air fryer: Spray the air fryer basket lightly with oil. Then place the frozen egg rolls in a single layer in the basket and spray them lightly with oil as well. Turn the heat to 340° Fahrenheit and cook the egg rolls for 10-12 minutes, flipping half way through. Next turn the air fryer up to 400° Fahrenheit and toast them for 2-4 more minutes.
Serving ideas for egg rolls:
- Dip them in soy sauce, fish sauce or plum sauce
- Garnish them with a little rice oil and green onion
Frequently asked questions:
There are a few differences between spring rolls and egg rolls. The first difference is the wrappers: spring rolls are wrapped in thin flour wrappers or rice wrappers, while egg rolls are wrapped in a thicker wrapper that’s been dipped in egg for richness. The second main difference is the filling: spring rolls are usually filled with vegetables, while egg rolls are filled with a combination of meat and vegetables. Note that I have used the method described in this post to cook both frozen egg rolls and frozen spring rolls and it works well for both.
WANT AN AIR FRYER BUT AREN’T SURE WHICH ONE TO GET? I USE AND LOVE THIS CHEFMAN 6.3 QUART AIR FRYER!
OTHER AIR FRYER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Pork Belly Bites
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Popcorn
- Air Fryer French Fries
SINCE YOU MADE IT THIS FAR WE ARE BASICALLY BEST FRIENDS SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK WHERE I SHARE EVEN MORE RECIPES AND HEALTHY LIVING TIPS! AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE THIS RECIPE A STAR REVIEW BEFORE YOU GO!
Frozen Egg Rolls in an Air Fryer
Making frozen egg rolls in an air fryer is the best! They're so easy to make and they turn out perfectly crisp on the outside yet nice and tender on the inside.
- 10 frozen egg rolls
- spray oil
Place the frozen egg rolls on the tray of your air fryer. Cook for 12 minutes at 340F. Then cook for an additional 5-8 minutes at 400F to crisp up the egg rolls.
If food tends to stick to your air fryer trays spray the egg rolls with a little oil first
- The nutritional values for these egg rolls are based on one brand of egg roll. Be sure to check the values for the type you are using.
- Depending on the type of air fryer you have you may need to adjust the cooking times and or temperature
- Be sure not to layer the egg rolls when you cook them
Pin this post for later: