Making frozen egg rolls in an air fryer is the best and easiest way to cook egg rolls! Ready in under 20 minutes they turn out perfectly crisp on the outside yet nice and tender on the inside. There's no need to deep fry your egg rolls ever again! Once you air fry frozen egg rolls you'll never cook them any other way.
Why you will love this recipe:
- Cooking egg rolls in the air fryer is the easiest way to cook frozen egg rolls! There is no need for deep frying or worrying about making a mess of your kitchen with all that oil. This method is totally hands off!
- It takes less than 20 minutes to make frozen egg rolls in an air fryer so you will have a healthy meal or appetizer on the table in no time.
- They turn out perfectly crispy on the outside yet soft and tender on the inside.
- You don't need to worry about thawing the egg rolls first or preheating your air fryer - you can cook the egg rolls right from frozen so it couldn't be any easier!
- You can use this method to cook both frozen egg rolls and to reheat leftover egg rolls.
- This air fryer cooking method would also work for cooking frozen spring rolls in an air fryer.
- You can cook any type of frozen egg rolls in an air fryer including gluten free egg rolls, vegan egg rolls and vegetarian egg rolls.
Taste and texture:
These egg rolls turn out nice and crispy on the outside, yet soft and tender on the inside. They are not dry or too soggy. They have the perfect texture.
- Frozen egg rolls - any brand of egg roll will work including PF Chang Frozen Egg Rolls, Chung’s Frozen Egg Rolls, Van’s Frozen Egg Rolls, Pagoda Frozen Egg Rolls, Tai Pei Frozen Egg Rolls, and Costco Frozen Egg Rolls. Buffalo chicken egg rolls, vegetable egg rolls, pork egg rolls and chicken egg rolls also work for this recipe. I've included directions for cooking 10 frozen egg rolls but you could easily cook more or less depending on your needs.
How to cook:
First, place the frozen egg rolls on the tray of your air fryer and cook them for 12 minutes at 340 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then turn the heat up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes to crisp up the egg rolls.
If you have a basket style air fryer:
First, spray the air fryer basket lightly with oil.
Then place the frozen egg rolls in a single layer in the basket. Turn the heat to 340° Fahrenheit and cook the egg rolls for 10-12 minutes, flipping half way through.
Next turn the air fryer up to 400° Fahrenheit and toast them for 2-4 more minutes to help get them nice and crisp on the outside.
- Every model of air fryer is different, so you may have to adjust the cooking time slightly depending on the brand you are using.
- Depending on the size of your egg rolls you may need to adjust the cooking times slightly - mini egg rolls will take less time to cook and full sized egg rolls will take longer.
- Don't overlap the egg rolls when cooking them or they won't cook properly.
How to serve:
- Dip the egg rolls in soy sauce, fish sauce, or plum sauce.
- Garnish them with a little rice oil and green onion.
How to store:
Store any leftover egg rolls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
How to reheat:
To reheat egg rolls in an air fryer, preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then place the egg rolls in the air fryer and cook for 3-4 minutes. Check them at the time and if needed cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until they are warm inside and crispy on the outside.
Frequently asked questions:
There are a few differences between spring rolls and egg rolls. The first difference is the wrappers: spring rolls are wrapped in thin flour wrappers or rice wrappers, while egg rolls are wrapped in a thicker wrapper that’s been dipped in egg for richness. The second main difference is the filling: spring rolls are usually filled with vegetables, while egg rolls are filled with a combination of meat and vegetables. Note that I have used the method described in this post to cook both frozen egg rolls and frozen spring rolls and it works well for both.
You air fry PF Chang’s frozen egg rolls for 10-13 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. If you want them to be extra crispy cook them for an additional 1-2 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Other air fryer recipes you will love:
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Pork Belly Bites
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Popcorn
- Air Fryer French Fries
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star review before you go!
Frozen Egg Rolls in an Air Fryer
- 10 frozen egg rolls
- spray oil
- Place the frozen egg rolls on the tray of your air fryer. Cook for 12 minutes at 340F. Then cook for an additional 5-8 minutes at 400F to crisp up the egg rolls.
- If food tends to stick to your air fryer trays spray the egg rolls with a little oil first.
- The nutritional values for these egg rolls are based on one brand of egg roll. Be sure to check the values for the type you are using.
- Depending on the type of air fryer you have you may need to adjust the cooking times and or temperature.
- Be sure not to layer the egg rolls when you cook them.