Making frozen egg rolls in an air fryer is the best and easiest way to cook egg rolls! Ready in under 20 minutes they turn out perfectly crisp on the outside yet nice and tender on the inside. There's no need to deep fry your egg rolls ever again! Once you air fry frozen egg rolls you'll never cook them any other way.
Why you will love this recipe:
- Cooking egg rolls in the air fryer is the easiest way to cook frozen egg rolls! There is no need for deep frying or worrying about making a mess of your kitchen with all that oil from a deep fryer. This method is totally hands off!
- It takes less than 20 minutes to make frozen air fryer egg rolls so you will have a healthy meal or easy appetizer on the table in no time.
- This cooking method makes the best crispy egg rolls! It is truly the best way to cook egg rolls and is a healthier alternative to deep frying them.
- You don't need to worry about thawing the egg rolls first or preheating your air fryer - you can cook the egg rolls right from frozen so it couldn't be any easier!
- This air fryer cooking method would also work for cooking frozen spring rolls in an air fryer.
- You can cook any type of egg rolls in an air fryer including gluten-free egg rolls, vegan egg rolls and vegetarian egg rolls and they turn out just as good as egg rolls from any Chinese restaurant.
- Because these egg rolls are so easy to make they make for an easy meal or perfect snack which is a great option to serve on busy weeknights. The whole family will love this easy recipe.
Taste and texture:
These air fryer frozen egg rolls have the perfect crispy texture on the outside, yet are soft and tender on the inside. They are not dry or too soggy and are just the perfect crunchy egg rolls.
You only need one simple ingredient to make this easy recipe. You should be able to find them in the frozen foods section of your local grocery store.
- Frozen egg rolls - any brand of frozen egg rolls will work to air fry egg rolls. Some poplar brands include PF Changs egg rolls, Chung’s egg rolls, and Costco egg rolls. Buffalo chicken egg rolls, vegetable egg rolls, shrimp egg rolls, homemade egg rolls, pork egg rolls and chicken egg rolls also work for this recipe. I've included directions for cooking 10 frozen egg rolls but you could easily cook more or less depending on your needs.
How to cook:
First, place the frozen egg rolls on the tray of your air fryer and cook them for 12 minutes at 340 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then turn the heat up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes to crisp up the egg rolls and get then nice and golden brown.
If you have a basket style air fryer:
First, spray the air fryer basket lightly with oil or a cooking spray.
Then place the frozen egg rolls in a single layer in the bottom of the air fryer basket. Turn the heat to 340 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the egg rolls for 10-12 minutes, flipping half way through.
Next turn the air fryer up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and toast them for 2-4 more minutes to help get the outside of the egg rolls nice and golden brown and perfectly crispy.
- Every model of air fryer is different, so you may have to adjust the cook time slightly depending on the brand you are using.
- Depending on the size of your egg rolls you may need to adjust the cooking times slightly as different brands may cook at different rates - mini egg rolls will take less time to cook and full sized egg rolls will take longer.
- For best results don't overlap the egg rolls when cooking them or they won't cook properly. There needs to be room for the hot air to circulate around the food in order to cook it properly.
How to serve:
Egg rolls are a delicious Chinese food that can be served in so many ways including as a great snack, great appetizer, great side dish or as a quick lunch or quick dinner. You can serve the air fried egg rolls plain or serve them with your favorite dipping sauce such as duck sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, plum sauce, sweet and sour sauce, spicy mustard, or sweet chili sauce.
Another great way to serve them is to garnish them with a little rice oil and green onion.
These delicious egg rolls would also be the perfect appetizer or quick snack to serve on game days.
How to store:
Store any leftover egg rolls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
How to reheat:
To reheat egg rolls in an air fryer, preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then place the egg rolls in the air fryer and cook for 3-4 minutes. Check them at the time and if needed cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until they are warm inside and crispy on the outside.
Frequently asked questions:
There are a few differences between spring rolls and egg rolls. The first difference is the wrappers: spring rolls are wrapped in thin flour wrappers or rice wrappers, while egg rolls are wrapped in a thicker wrapper that’s been dipped in egg for richness. The second main difference is the filling: spring rolls are usually filled with vegetables, while egg rolls are filled with a combination of meat and vegetables. Note that I have used the method described in this post to cook both frozen egg rolls and frozen spring rolls and it works well for both.
Other easy air fryer recipes you will love:
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Pork Belly Bites
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Popcorn
- Air Fryer French Fries
Since you made it this far we are basically best friends so be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook where I share even more recipes and healthy living tips! And don’t forget to leave this recipe a star rating before you go!
Frozen Egg Rolls in an Air Fryer
- 10 frozen egg rolls
- spray oil
- Place the frozen egg rolls on the tray of your air fryer. Cook for 12 minutes at 340F. Then cook for an additional 5-8 minutes at 400F to crisp up the egg rolls.
- If food tends to stick to your air fryer trays spray the egg rolls with a little oil first.
- The nutritional values for these egg rolls are based on one brand of egg roll. Be sure to check the values for the type you are using.
- Depending on the type of air fryer you have you may need to adjust the cooking times and or temperature.
- Be sure not to layer the egg rolls when you cook them.