If you don't tolerate nuts I warn you to stop reading right now because this one will just make you jealous!
Back before I eliminated grains I used to eat oatmeal for breakfast everyday. I loved it. I would add all sorts of good things like fruit, nuts, nut butters, coconut... oh yum! Sometimes I would even eat it again for dinner... yep that's how much I loved the stuff.
Well clearly this isn't a true oatmeal recipe as it's completely grain free but it is pretty darn yummy if you ask me! And I really don't think the pictures do this one justice but trust me it does taste good!
Paleo Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 teaspoon ground cinnamon depending on desired taste
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla
- 1 cup apple sauce
- Grind the pecans in your food processor until you get a finely ground mixture (it will start to form clumps).
- Add the water to a medium pot and place it on a burner on medium heat.
- Add the ground pecans to pot and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the "oatmeal" is your desired consistency. Stir the mixture frequently to prevent it from sticking to the pot.
- After a few minutes add the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Once oatmeal is almost done add the apple sauce and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove from burner, add desired toppings and enjoy!
- Optional topping: fruit, coconut flakes, coconut milk, raisins, chocolate chips etc.
- Store this oatmeal in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 7 days.
- Nutritional values are an estimate and will vary depending on the exact ingredients used.
Leave a Reply